Community Forum

Error code 525/6002/6007 (10/15/12)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Error code 525/6002/6007 (10/15/12)

Trying to watch Episode 6 of "Pillars of the Earth." Other episodes fine. Just put in silverlight and tried putting in Microsoft updates as mentioned in other post with no success.

New Poster

Girl with Dragon Tattoo Error 525|6007

I am having the same error message trying to watch "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".  Is it a problem with Comcast or Adobe or Silverlight?

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: error msg

I get the same error message when trying to watch the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Here is my computer info:

My Device Information

My Zip Code:     Unknown

My Cable Provider:     Unknown

My myDVR Manager Status:     Not Installed

My Set Top Box Names:    Not Installed

My Queue setup:    False

Facebook Queue Syncing:    false

Facebook Connect:    False

My public IP address:

My operating system:    Windows - undefined

My web browser:    Firefox 14 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1

My system type:    Desktop computer or other device

My Move player version:    Not Installed

My Silverlight version:    4.1.10329.0

My flash version:    11.4 r402

Javascript:    enabled

Cookies:    Enabled (2771 Bytes)

New Poster

Can't watch most shows Error 525|6007!!!

I have tried multiple shows on multiple networks and nothing will play.  I get this error right before the video loads!  this has been goin on for nearly 2 days now.  I primarily use my computer for TV so this really sucks. Anyone have any answers or fixes?

Cheers

New Poster

Error 525/6007 The Parent Trap

I've been trying to stream The Parent Trap from HBO and I keep getting the error 525/6007. How do I fix this? It has happened with multiple other movies from the website as well.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Error 525/6007 The Parent Trap

Hello,

From what other customers been having with this problem is that it could be a problem on comcast end.

New Poster

Re: Can't watch most shows Error 525|6007!!!

i'm having the same problem. I called comcast, they were even less helpful. They told me i could submit a "ticket," which i did, and someone would call. that was hours ago.

Gold Problem Solver

From what I've read of the issue it could be something on Comcast's end that is causing it.

Regular Visitor

Re: Error 525/6007 All HBO & Showtime movies

Having same issue with movies

New Poster

error 525 6002/6007 Dexter S7/Ep3

tried wathcing Dextter season 7 episode and get this message,( error 525 6002).  I am able to watch the season 6 episodes with no problem.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (Error 525|6007)

Same problem with Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy as everyone else is having with so many movies. 

New Poster

Re: (Error 525|6007)

I just gave up I had watched half the movie yesterday and wanted to finish so I finished it at MaxGo with no problems.

Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

That error message that you are receiving has came up 100's of times already from many customers. Please use the search and see if there are any solutions to your problem.

Gold Problem Solver

reasd wrote:

Hello,

That error message that you are receiving has came up 100's of times already from many customers. Please use the search and see if there are any solutions to your problem.

Actually that it an incorrect statement.

The error message has NOT come up "100's of times already".

I did a forum search for that message and it returned 8 results which is a far cry from 100's.

Two of the results were for error 525| with different numbers.

While there are suggestions on what you can try, they may or may not work.

Also, take into consideration that the OP may have already searched before posting.

*edited to correct a spelling mistake which I just noticed*

New Poster

I've gotten that same error message (525/6007) on atleast twenty different occasions this year alone.  Where all the episodes from a series will play fine except for one, which will simply display the message over and over.  Movies and shows alike, maybe there hasn't been over a hundred complaints but this has happened to thousands of people and you act with sinicism.  Your 'advice' is to delete cookies and cache or unistall the player, but obviously that wouldn't solve anything if a single episode from a season won't play but the rest will.  Other advised ways to solve the issue would be the same. 

You should try acting like a professional, being respectful to annoyed customers who pay hard earned money for a service that is plagued with problems, and not acting immature by taking it personally.  You might also try coming up with a solution or letting the tech people know that there have been excessive complaints as of late, and a remedy is inevitable.

New Poster

what a joke.  what am i paying for when half the reason i have comcast is for this very reason!  glad to see its not just me! 

Frequent Visitor

Titanic Blood and Steel

Why can I watch episode one but episode two fails? And where are episodes 3, 9, and 10? I've cleared cache and cookies and tried two different browsers. Still no luck.

Regular Visitor

Error 525|6007

All my shows won't work! Error 525|6007 Please fix this issue!!!

Regular Visitor

error 525/6007 on every movie I try

I keep getting error 525/6007 on every movie I try. the first was Detachment and the second was the Wicker Man...

New Poster

Error 525|6007

Why am I now getting this message when trying to watch shows online?   "This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 525|6007)

Please check back soon."

Frequent Visitor

Real Time with Bill Maher error 525|6007

The newest episode, EP 29 air date: 10-12-12, is giving this error

New Poster

Error 525|6007 during Real Time

When attempting to watch the newest episode of Real Time with Bill Maher (episode 262), I get the following error message:

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 525|6007)

Please check back soon.

Can this be fixed?  Thanks!

New Poster

Re: Error 525|6007

Also receiving this message Comcast.

New Poster

Re: Error 6007 on "Girls S1/E7"

I am also having problems with certain shows getting the error code that includes the 6007.  Cannot watch the newest BBC Bedlam or the movie Wicker Place on Stars.  When I sign in under my id and password I do not even get a play button at all, if I go to the site without logging in I do get a play button and when I press it am prompted to sign in which I do then it starts then says video not available and givemes me the 6007 code.  Been dealing with phone customer service for two days and have had no luck

New Poster

Error 525/6007 - Copper, Ep 7

Everytime I try to watch Copper, Ep 7 I get Error 525/6007.  I've tried two different computers.  Other video's work.  Here's the link. 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Copper/6168172074234178112/2285073157/The-Hudson-River-School/vid...

New Poster

Error 6007

I was seeing "This video cannot be played. (Error 6007)" on every video I tried to play for about 45 minutes, though I was just watching things a couple of hours ago. I reinstalled Silverlight, cleared my cache, and restarted my computer, and now all videos/episodes say "We're sorry, this video is no longer available."  Please help.

Thanks!

New Poster

Error 525|6007

Getting Error 525|6007 when trying to watch Real Time w Bill Maher. What is this error and when will it be rectified. Thanks

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Tv On Line

ComcastJoe,

I just tried this, per your last post:

In the meantime, please try the suggestion posted by Lamedog:

* Log out of your comcast account.

* find the show you want to watch.

* Click watch now.

* It will prompt you to log in, then the show will start.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Using Google Chrome, I tried with Perception Ep. 2, which is supposed to be available through Oct. 16.  I get this error:

"This video cannot be played.

Please check back soon."

I've also seen Error 0000.

I then logged out and tried the same method with my child account.  Same error.

I then tried Internet Explorer 9 (32-bit), after upgrading Silverlight (per your site's instructions).  With IE 9 I get this error:

"We're sorry, this video is no longer available.

View other videos for "Perception"

(I should note that I also received the message to upgrade Silverlight in Chrome, but the upgrade would not run, as I already have the 64-bit version installed.  I was able to install it using IE 9 32-bit)

There is no error code, nor was I prompted to sign in, as I was using Chrome.  I did set IE 9 to remember my login and password, so that might account for the lack of a sign in prompt.

If I click "Back to browsing" I see that I am not signed in.  If I then sign in (no prompt; auto-sign in works), I still get the same message, no error code.

Since Silverlight has some DRM elements, could it be those that are causing this problem?  I didn't have it before, obviously, but nor was I ever prompted to upgrade Silverlight when trying to use Streampix.

Contributor

Quick update to the above.

I tried again in IE 9 32-bit.  I clicked the "key" button (what you see instead of PLAY when not signed in).  I was taken to the sign in page, where I entered my child account info.  This time I got the beginning of an ad play, but that was cut short, and I got this:

"This video cannot be played.

Please check back soon."

So, the behavior changed slightly in IE 9, but still no joy.

New Poster

XfinityTV Online Issue

I'm receiving error code 525/6007 when trying to view my videos online

Frequent Visitor

Same problem, different show. Also hoping for answers. Tried redownloading silverlight like it told me to before this error, and adobe flash player as well, like it suggested when I clicked the Learn More button.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem. Also hoping for answers. Tried redownloading silverlight like it told me to before this error, and adobe flash player as well, like it suggested when I clicked the Learn More button.

New Poster

I've had this Error 525/6007 occur for the last two days while trying to watch Californication. When will this be taken care of?

New Poster

error code 525/6007 A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas

Right now, none of the comcast movies will play. When they were playing, I kept getting error code 525/6007 for A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas. I've been getting the same error code on that movie for a few days. What does it mean? Please let me know when it's fixed. Thank you.

New Poster

it looks like a quarter of the threads on this forum are for this exact issue on some show or another. This is a new issue on Comcast's end. GET IT FIXED COMCAST.

New Poster

Dexter - “Buck The System”

This video cannot be played.

Please check back soon.

All others play fine.  Thank you.

New Poster

error on Real Time episode 262

Please correct the error 525 on episode 262 of Real Time with Bill Maher (October 12). 

New Poster

Bill Maher 262 Error: Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 525|6007

I keep getting this error when trying to watch this episode.  Whats the problem?

Thank you.

New Poster

Dexter Season 7, Episode 3, Error 6007

Dexter Season 7:  Ep. 3 is giving error 6007 when I attempt to play the video.  

New Poster

Re: Dexter - “Buck The System”

Same problem here..First it was Silverlight, fixed that, and now just this episode won't work.

Regular Visitor

error 6007

Sorry Newbie here. Thought I might be able to post this issue on posting previously titled the same as above subject line but didn't see where I could do that.

I'm getting error 525/6007 for Dexter  10/14/12.

New Poster

Re: Dexter Season 7, Episode 3, Error 6007

I am having the same problem.

New Poster

Why hasn't anyone responded to these yet?  I keep getting the same error message:

when trying to watch Dexter.

New Poster

525/6007

trying to watch online content and keep getting error code 525/6007. What can i do?

New Poster

Dexter Season 7 Episode 3

(Error 525|6007) Is coming up when I go to watch this episode. What is going on?

Contributor

Re: 525/6007

Report the error, giving as many details as possible (Show and episode title).  Try other episodes of the same show.  This error has been happening on a lot of shows, but others work.  Comcast seems to be fixing them one at a time, as they're notified.  That's how I interpret ComcastJoe's responses thus far.

Be the squeaky wheel.  Get the grease.

New Poster

Error 525|6007

I keep getting error 525|6007 when I try to watch season 7, episode 3 of Dexter! Please fix this soon!

New Poster

ERR 525/6007

This error message has repeatedly come up in attempting to open the most recently added episode of Dexter. Season 7, ep. 3. This has never occurred before, and I did attempt the removal and reinstalling of silverlight on my mac, however, this wasn't the solution. Error message is still persistant, and I believe it is probably because it is a recent upload and was not done completely. So, in the meantime, no Dexter, unless someone knows what's going on?

New Poster

Re: Dexter Season 7 Episode 3

This is also happening to me. I believe they did not upload it correctly or something. I also have a post up about this

New Poster