Community Forum

Error Message - “Hi, it looks like you’re a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY...”

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Error Message - “Hi, it looks like you’re a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY...”

When I attempt to add a channel to may service via the Xfinity website, I get an error that says “Hi, it looks like you’re a Netflix customer.  Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY and we can help.”  I’ve tried to work with customer service but they seemed to have no clue why this was happening.  Anybody have any ideas why this is happening?

CF42111B-02E0-4843-82D2-E246AFE9EC77.jpeg
Official Employee

Re: Error Message - “Hi, it looks like you’re a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY...

Hi Fraunk1, 

There has been a known issue with adding services to your account online. Until we are able to get this resolved, I can help you get this taken care of. I just received your private message and will be replying shortly so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Error Message - “Hi, it looks like you’re a Netflix customer. Please call us at 1-800-XFINITY...

How do I send a private message?
New Poster

I am having the same issue
Regular Visitor

I too had this proble from with the Netflix promo. I left Comcast after 17 years. Came back when they got gigabtye. Service. Now I lost Investigation ID. Which is grandfathered on old accounts. Same with tru tv.
But the Netflix error is terrible . I have spent 6.5 hours on the phone with a multitude of support. Nobody has any idea. You can’t stay on the phone for 6 hours you always will be disconnected. So I just had fios installed. So I don’t really like it but may have to byte the bullet and just leave Comcast. Nobody should be in a position that they are on the phone for 6.5 hours. So yes I have had the people since. A cam back in May.
New Poster

Two things. You know that this is a known issue with "no ETA for when it will be fixed" but yet EVERY time someone calls in you make them go through an at least 30 minute process of deleting/reinstalling the mobile app, checking computer connections, having them log on from the computer, logging into Netflix, etc when you already know that every Comcast subscriber that has Netflix is having this issue? Just tell them that from the beginning and stop wasting everyone's time. Second thing, when will TruTV, WeTV, Investigation Discovery, etc be part of the bundle packages again? It is absolutely ridiculous that I have to unbundle my services and get everything a la carte just to get 6 channels. You should tell customers that from the beginning. And why can't those channels be included with the rest of the bundle? Just telling customers they aren't available is not acceptable. I pay way too much for my Comcast services to have to deal with not being able to manage my own account online and having to pay even more just to get the channels I want that are part of every other providers basic package.