Xfinity Forum Archive...
This is an archived section of the community.
Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.
This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.
Post your questions in the Xfinity Community
I keep getting the same error consistently when i try and watch a show. the error goes as follows:
This has been going on for over a week, has anyone been getting the same issue?
Has it been resolved?
I was experiencing this problem as well. I'm betting that you're only getting this error on MA shows...Walking Dead, Vikings, Tosh.0 etc. And I'm also betting that you're NOT the primary account holder. Here's what I did to figure this out.....
1) Logged in as myself, the primary account holder. I could watch any show. Arrow or Walking Dead.
2) Logged in as a secondary user, someone I set up the account for from my primary user account. And then attempted to watch Arrow and Walking Dead. Arrow was a Go. Walking Dead, nope.
3) Attempted to watch other mature audience shows like Tosh.0 and Vikings. Couldn't do it. Then tried to watch Elementary and could.
4) Logged back into the primary account and confirmed I could watch Vikings and Tosh.0
5) Repeat the above 4 asteps on a different computer. Obtained the same results.
1) Flash player installed correctly because I could still watch some shows.
2) Authentication for secondary user is no longer working.
3) Contacted Comcast to figure out what has changed since last week.
I spent 90 minutes talking too people who didn't understand the nature of the problem. I kept going up the chain and even the supervisor was reading from a book. After 5 people and at the 90 minute mark, a "supervisor" informed me that Comcast in their infinite wisdom has limited adult shows to the primary account holder only. And that the primary holder cannot grant access to any other users to watch these shows.
If they told me that up front, I wouldn't have wasted my time. It has NOT been this way in the past and it seems that this is a recent change. If that's true or if they told me that to get me off the phone is a separate discussion.
But I was pretty angry with them for wasting my time.
So....my suggestion is
1) Confirm/deny that the show you are watching is a mature audience show.
2) If so, try to log in under the primary account holder and watch the show.
I'm curious what happens for you.
Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.
Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.