Community Forum

Error ERR-65535 when trying to access on demand

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Error ERR-65535 when trying to access on demand

We've had this problem for about a week now. At one point, unplugging and pluggin in the cable box seemed to work. But it no longer works.

We've called, and they "wrote up a ticket" after making us wait on hold, retrieve our cable account number and all the rest of the tiresome routine.

But they gave us no hint at what the problem was, and no hint at when it might be fixed.

Comcast is stone cold stealing our money right now.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Error ERR-65535 when trying to access on demand

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will look into your issue and find out what's up with your ticket.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team this week.

Retired Administrator

I will have the Regional office look into this and contact you.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

So, it went away for a day. I was informed there was an update over the weekend and that it was fixed.

It was fixed for 12 hours.

Today, it's broken again

Err:65535

I think a refund is in order, don't you?

New Poster

Just tried to watch a movie.

Got the same error code - ERR65535.

Can't even watch a free movie.

Looking for my refund.

New Poster

I am also getting this error message! 

New Poster

I have been getting the same error code for the past 2 days now and after tryihg to fix the problem over the phone 6 times still no On Demand!!!!  Now I have pray that the person who they scheduled to come and fix it shows up today because in the past I have taken off from work a few times and waited with my hand on my backside for the truck to show up!!!!  Oh and then they give you a 20 dollar credit of no one shows up...what is that all about????  I miss a whole days work for 20 bucks!!!!!   

Regular Visitor

Same problem here....no on demand, same error code. Have been on the phone with customer service and got the same tired line, they send a reset that doesn't work, unplug the box, doesn't work either. Now they are sending a tech out to check things out. We have two boxes and neither one can access on demand. The rep on the phone said the code is a server error code but insist on sending someone to the house. Getting ready to drop comcast and put up a dish, paying for a service that I'm not getting doesn't set right with me either!

Silver Problem Solver

a simple google search shows this.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,17486180

Regular Visitor

@rog286713 wrote:

a simple google search shows this.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,17486180

I already found that link, the box/DVR they are talking about in that post is not the same one that I have. The other problem with that post is it is several years old and doesn't address all the software and hardware upgrades performed over the years.The fix that is discussed does not work on my box and if you read the post from start to finish the fix is only a band aid and does not solve the real problem which is apparently a programming glitch on the server. This error has been popping up every once in a while since 2006, as shown in the post you refer too, but the operators at the call center or the service techs don't seem to be aware of it. To add insult to injury I just discovered that I was billed for a service call when the tech couldn't find the problem. Oh, and by the way, the error code and the problem magically went away the day I had the appointment.