Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Error Code RDK-10000

New Poster

Error Code RDK-10000

What is RDK-10000 and how can I fix it?  I already went through x1 phone support with no resolution.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Error Code RDK-10000

Start here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-errorcode-rdk-10000/

Could be a signal issue that may require a tech visit to resolve. Many X1 issues cannot be fixed over the phone.

Myrta1 wrote:

What is RDK-10000 and how can I fix it?  I already went through x1 phone support with no resolution.

Expert

Myrta1 wrote:

are you getting this error on the DVR? (has a clock display). using the remote press the A button and follow the menu for account refresh. after the DVR is up and running live try the other smaller companion set top boxes. are they now working?

Official Employee

Myrta1 wrote:

I didn't see any related notes but it's possible you were what's called high passed by the maintainance team. Meaning there's interference of some kind coming out of your house that's affecting the plant in your neighborhood and a filter was placed on your drop, forcing you to have a tech out. What was added boosted up your upstream to 61dbmv (dvr won't communicate) and your modem is at a 57dbmv (internet may or not work).

Official Employee

Hi Myrta1, I also can confirm signal issues on your account that are likely what is causing this error, and like others would recommend a tech visit.  I will send you a private message to get one scheduled.

Thank you

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

The error RDK-10000 means that the small box isn't communicating with the larger box (whether it's an "XG1" DVR or the "XG2" larger version of the "XiD/Xi3" small box). To fix yourself unplug the main hub to reset. If that doesn't work then yes you'll need a tech to come out. It could mean you have bad lines throughout the house or the main line from the telepole to your house went bad.