Community Forum

Error Code RDK 03033

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Error Code RDK 03033

Often get error message RDK 03033 when changing channels.  I've gone through the Comcast-

recommended steps to resolve the error (press A button, unplug cable box) with no permanent 

solution.  Spoke with a Comcast agent today, 10/26/17, who told me that my Economy Plus

Internet service is not adequate for the X1 cble box/remote.  He said I need the Enhanced

Internet service (6 to 7 mgs) in order for the X1 to perform properly.  He said I should return the

X1 cable box/remote to Comcast, and get a new cable box that will provide me with Legacy

Service.  Seems to me there are several suggestions to resolve RDK 03033.  If the solution

depends on one's level of internet service, then why isn't that stated somewhere?

Official Employee

Re: Error Code RDK 03033

BUCKEYEPHAN wrote:

Often get error message RDK 03033 when changing channels.  I've gone through the Comcast-

recommended steps to resolve the error (press A button, unplug cable box) with no permanent 

solution.  Spoke with a Comcast agent today, 10/26/17, who told me that my Economy Plus

Internet service is not adequate for the X1 cble box/remote.  He said I need the Enhanced

Internet service (6 to 7 mgs) in order for the X1 to perform properly.  He said I should return the

X1 cable box/remote to Comcast, and get a new cable box that will provide me with Legacy

Service.  Seems to me there are several suggestions to resolve RDK 03033.  If the solution

depends on one's level of internet service, then why isn't that stated somewhere?

Your level of Internet service has nothing to do with how your X1 functions. Your Xg2 is out of spec and may be dropping the network connection. Take a look at all of your connections,splitters etc. You may need a tech out to troubleshoot further.

New Poster

This reply is totally opposite the one I received during a phone conversation I had with a

Comcast rep.  Is it or is it  not (RDK-03033) related to my internet speed?

Official Employee

Nothing at all to do with internet speed. The previously posted advice still stands.
Frequent Visitor

I have been having issues with my X1 box for about a month or two I could be watching a show and the cable shuts off takes forever to start up only for it to say having trouble connecting and I'm out for a few hours I wake up in the morning tv screen saying having trouble connecting and cable out again for a hour or two. Right now I'm trying to watch tv go to use the remote and I CANT we're having trouble connecting to X1 platform I don
Frequent Visitor

Don't want to unplug to reboot because it's going to take FOREVER to reboot only to say having trouble connecting and my cable will be out again. I have complained to Comcast only to be told sorry we are doing everything to issue and I still had no cable for about a hr. To me this is unacceptable Comcast is WAY to FREAKIN expensive for me to continue to have these issues. Comcast is going to "credit" my account on my next bill a stupid 25 dollars which is NOTHING up against a 225 dollar bill every month. I go through this can't get no help with that I can't get any help lowering my bill Comcast is really crappy im having the worse experience with them I may just switch to direct or dish
Silver Problem Solver

@Cparks527 wrote:
Don't want to unplug to reboot because it's going to take FOREVER to reboot only to say having trouble connecting and my cable will be out again. I have complained to Comcast only to be told sorry we are doing everything to issue and I still had no cable for about a hr. To me this is unacceptable Comcast is WAY to FREAKIN expensive for me to continue to have these issues. Comcast is going to "credit" my account on my next bill a stupid 25 dollars which is NOTHING up against a 225 dollar bill every month. I go through this can't get no help with that I can't get any help lowering my bill Comcast is really crappy im having the worse experience with them I may just switch to direct or dish

This sounds like you need to post in the Customer Service forum or call 1800comcast or schedule a tech visit.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.