Community Forum

Error 8007

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Error 8007

i an error 8007 when i try to watch an episode of sparatcus

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Error 8007

Gumming wrote:

We are having some technical issues that is giving people 8002 errors and this may be the same. Our team is still looking into it but please try this in the meantime:

1. Go to xfinitytv.com and make sure that you are signed in

2. Click the gear in the bottom-right hand corner of the page. This will take you to your settings page.

3. Click the "Manage my Devices" button

4. Remove all the listed devices and then try watching a video again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

New Poster

I have no devices listed and I'm still having this issue. 

New Poster

DRe: Error 8007

I can not watch xfinity tv
I either get the 8007 error when I try to view a tv show/ movie or it pops up within minutes of watching something
This has happen before and I believe it is on your end
But it has been happening for weeks now
Need help ... Or will need to close account

Using Windows 8.1 on a Sony Vaio laptop

This sept 21 2015

New Poster

ComcastJoe wrote:

Gumming wrote:

We are having some technical issues that is giving people 8002 errors and this may be the same. Our team is still looking into it but please try this in the meantime:

1. Go to xfinitytv.com and make sure that you are signed in

2. Click the gear in the bottom-right hand corner of the page. This will take you to your settings page.

3. Click the "Manage my Devices" button

4. Remove all the listed devices and then try watching a video again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

These steps are not a fix for this error. Even people who dont have and have never had devices assigned to their account are getting the error.

That so many people, with different devices and laptops, are getting the same error makes it obvious this is a comcast issue and it needs to be adressed and resolved with something more than default responses.

Same error, same failure of services on a HP Envy w/Windows 10. Reset modem, rebooted laptop, verfied bandwidth and CPU usage.

New Poster

I've been getting the error code 8007 all morning and am deeply frustrated.  After reading other posts it appears to be something happening on Comcasts end.  Please advise when this problem is fixed so I can start wating shows on my computer again.

New Poster

Cancel comcast and just watch stuff on tubeplus.is (install adblocker too)...trust me, no hinky stuff and no constant error codes. I pay almost $200 a month, when I go to watch a show, I want to be able to watch it! I'm sure comcast will delete this. Note to comcast: get your scat together!

New Poster

I'm getting error 8007 in Santa Rosa, CA. How long will this take to fix, Comcast - Xfinity?

New Poster

I'm having the exact same issue with both my computers. Has there been any word from Comcast?

New Poster

Not a single person from Comcast directly has posted on this feed since 2-29-2012 Smiley Sad I'm having the same errot on 3 different computers.

New Poster

I'll pile on here as well.  Have been streaming without issue unitl TODAY.   Now, every station I attempt to stream stops after a (very) few minutes, with this same 8007 Error ("Video cannot be played" and "Sorry <station name> cannot be played"). 

Again just started - no issue at all previously; and, no change in system confirg, setting, hardware, router, security / firewall, etc. - the system & network here remain as they were before when all was fine. 

Config is:  Lenovo workstation with 24GB RAM, running System 7 Professional (all current SPs and updates), streaming via Firefox (all current), hardline into Xfinity modem / router.  Last speed test, just now shows 125 Mbps download & 12 Mbps upload.  No other services (NetFlix, AMZN, Hulu) struggling; and, everything else healthy and happy - just you folks gakking. 

New Poster

Getting the same message of error 8007.  I have Windows 10 on a toshiba on internet explorer.  I didnt have these issues yesterday!! All i can do is refresh everytime this happens.

New Poster

Like Dave_in_MN, 8007 error has just started cropping up today.  Problem occurs both on laptop running windows 7 and Mac running OS X.

Other streaming services are working fine.

New Poster

Same here. Show plays for a few minutes until I get the 8007 message. I have no devices to remove in the settings

This is getting old. FAST.

Frequent Visitor

Re: DRe: Error 8007

Might as well cancel. Comcast has had this problem for YEARS and they have not fixed it yet!

New Poster

Also having this same issue!!

New Poster

Same thing is happening to me (error 8007) when I am streaming.  I have to keep refreshing, so annoying. I have Windows 10 but was also happening with Win 8.  Using a Lenovo Ideapad laptop.  This does not happen when I watch on my ipad.

New Poster

SAME THING HAPPENNING TO ME....STARTED THIS MORNING NO DEVICES LISTED...ON PC 

New Poster

Same thing happening to me. I guess I'll just wait till Neflix has this as their streaming is flawless.

New Poster

Update Adobe Flash. Worked for me.

New Poster

Still not able to view a show online.. I was doing it as of last week, so I don't understand what the problem is.  Help?

Frequent Visitor

Same issue here starting today. On a MacBook Pro, running Chrome. I don't know why we pay so much for such crappy service.

New Poster

Comcast is getting to be just complete siht. Everything they do at this point is absoutlely awful. Maybe they should just spin-off of the cable services to somebody competent and then they can do what they really seem to be interested in doing and that's running NBC.

New Poster

@That's a whole other issue... Adobe Flash has been dead and not used by any competent company since 2012. HTML 5 has been around for nearly a decaded and has had all of the bugs worked out, yet Comcast still can't get their siht together and switch to it. 

Frequent Visitor

Agreed! Even games are being built in HTML5 now. Flash is dead.
New Poster

That site you listed is full of horrible things, trickery, viruses, worms, etc.  Just go to: http://dayt.se for a simple and easy way to watch all new movies and popular television shows.  Or download anything you could ever want using uTorrent, via https://thepiratebay.mn/

P.S.  I too am having the Error 8007 when streaming video on Comcast xfinity.  It always plays for a few minutes and then suddenly stops (how rude).  Doesn't matter if I'm using Safari or Chrome, or whethere I'm streaming on my iPad using wifi or 4G, it's irrelevant.  That is proof that it is fault of the cable company.

thepirate.jpg
DayT.se.jpg
New Poster

Same issue in Illinois. Come on Comcast, get your sh-t together.
New Poster

I've never had any problems with that site (that I know of anyway), but thanks for linking to another site....getting closer and closer to canceling comcast (the cable part anyway) as we can watch just about everything for free nowadays...thanks again...heres hoping the error code goes away for people....