Community Forum

Error 557

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Error 557

I am trying to play the video from the home page and it trys to load and an error message 557 comes up. It ask me to refresh the page. I refresh and error 557 comes up again. Help please

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Error 557

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the specific episodes that you are trying to watch.

Regular Visitor

Here is one of the URLs  I tried to watch

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Jimmy-Kimmel-Live/93/2251484145/Thu%2C-Jun-28%2C-2012/videos?skipTo=...

Here is the link I went to and copied

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.102.86.203 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.56 Safari/536.5 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.3 R300 Javascript: Enabledenabled Cookies: Disabled
My Account Information Primary Account: False Provider Codes: Bw, S, D, Al, Ci, Bi, Bj, Bh, A, Y, Bq, Bx, Ce, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, Cb, Ch, Ar, Aw, E, Aj, Cg, Bz, Bm, Au, Bl, Bv, B, U, Bp, Br, C, Bo, Bt, Cc, H, Ad, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

Highlighted
Official Employee

Chilebrown wrote:

Here is one of the URLs  I tried to watch

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Jimmy-Kimmel-Live/93/2251484145/Thu%2C-Jun-28%2C-2012/videos?skipTo=...

Here is the link I went to and copied

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.102.86.203 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.56 Safari/536.5 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.3 R300 Javascript: Enabledenabled Cookies: Disabled
My Account Information Primary Account: False Provider Codes: Bw, S, D, Al, Ci, Bi, Bj, Bh, A, Y, Bq, Bx, Ce, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, At, Bs, Cb, Ch, Ar, Aw, E, Aj, Cg, Bz, Bm, Au, Bl, Bv, B, U, Bp, Br, C, Bo, Bt, Cc, H, Ad, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True

Please uninstall Adobe Flash Player and then go here to install it again:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

A clean reinstall usually clears up any conflicts videos may be having with the Flash Player.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Regular Visitor

I talked to another tech online and it was an issure with Google Chrome. Thanks for your reply and the issue has been resolved.