Community Forum

Error 525

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Error 525

I have been trying to watch a video and everytime I try to start it I get "Video Can Not Be Played (Error 525)" I have watched other episodes of this program in the past on a different computer(same account) with no problem, but now I can't get to those either.

New Poster

Re: Error 525

It would be a big help if I just knew what Error 525 meant!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Hi Jerry,

I just checked with our video experts, and they told me the error you are seeing is probably an issue with the video player that is installed on your machine.  We are currently working on new Help pages to help customers identify and fix such issues.  In the meantime, you can either try watching the video in a different web browser or reinstalling your Silverlight player by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,
Ken

New Poster

I have checked teh silverlight website and it says i am up to date, i have checked all of the other programs on my computer and made sure they were up to date also, however i am still getting error 525, only on my laptop, and i cannot figure out why. it has been going on for over a week and is driving me mad. please help.

Official Employee

Gangley wrote:

I have checked teh silverlight website and it says i am up to date, i have checked all of the other programs on my computer and made sure they were up to date also, however i am still getting error 525, only on my laptop, and i cannot figure out why. it has been going on for over a week and is driving me mad. please help.

Try the solution that ComcastKenM posted earlier. Sometimes, if videos are not working, it's bad Silverlight files that are conflicting with Xfinitytv.com. Only a clean uninstall does the trick.

Please try it and let me know if it works.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

New Poster

Yes, unfortunantly i already re-installed the program two days ago with no change, along with re installing flash player. Is it a possible computer error/virus? because I have been having issues with a game also that started i believe at the same time about two weeks ago, however no other virues like symptoms.

New Poster

try renaming mspr.hds

On my system it's in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady

Of course, close your browser and any apps that might be using silverlight before you rename.

relaunch broswer and try vid again. This resolved my issue with 525.

New Poster

i am not sure exactly how to change or what the mspr.hds is? any more details?

New Poster

I have a feeling that Linux customers will be left out in the cold, again...

New Poster

Xfinity has become a freaking joke. Every time I login to try and watch a movie I get some type of error and the solution always seems to be to reinstall silverlight. If that is such a problem then FIX IT!!