Community Forum

Emergency Alert System

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Emergency Alert System

How do I turn off the Emergency Alert System overriding my shows?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Emergency Alert System

We can't turn it off.  I have to mute my TV.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Why does this need to happen in San Francisco every Friday night at 1 am? (Yes, I understand it’s actuallt Saturday morning.) But, I know a lot of people that are watching TV late on a Friday night. Can’t this weekly test be changed to a Monday morning at 3 am?
Expert

Leojose402 wrote:
Why does this need to happen in San Francisco every Friday night at 1 am? (Yes, I understand it’s actuallt Saturday morning.) But, I know a lot of people that are watching TV late on a Friday night. Can’t this weekly test be changed to a Monday morning at 3 am?

that message is triggered by your local government entities and systems. listen or read the broadcast to determine what government agency triggered the test and discuss with that entity your concerns on timing.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.