Community Forum

Ellen

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Ellen

Why can't we see the Ellen DeGeneres show on comcast cable?  Verizon carries it.  Makes me want to switch providers...

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Ellen

MG12 wrote:

Why can't we see the Ellen DeGeneres show on comcast cable?  Verizon carries it.  Makes me want to switch providers...

The Ellen DeGeneres Show should be available on your local NBC affiliate. It is on at 3 PM in Philadelphia but I don't know if it is on at the same time in all markets. Please check your local listings.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Gold Problem Solver

Whether "Verizon carries it" is irrelevant.

ALL carriers in YOUR local market will have the same show at the same time on the same channel. Cable/TV providers have no control over what the networks air.

You can check to see if/when it is on in your area http://www.ellentv.com/page/2009/08/21/when-its-on/

The show is syndicated, meaning local NBC affiliates have to purchase it for airing.

Silver Problem Solver

In the Boston area it's on the ABC affiliate.

If you're not sure what channel and time it's on, go to www.ellentv.com. Click on "Show Info" and then click on "Click here to see a full list of cities".

New Poster

I use to watch Ellen on channel 10 in Agawam, mass...as of a cple weeks ago we no longer get a channel 10, we did not receive any notification this channel was being deleted from our line up.  Now when i clicked on link to show when i would be able to get the ellen show is says SPRINGFIELD AREA TBA....and when will this be announced and why was this channel take off my cable?  There were many different shows news and otherwise that i enjoyed watching and for the price i pay each month for cable i shouldnt have lost it.  

Silver Problem Solver

holloway37

The forums are mainly a customer to customer help forum so we can't give you a good answer why that channel was pulled. Comcast tends to bury notices like that on a copy of your bill in advance of any changes.

To get a answer on this from Comcast try this

Send an e-mail to this address

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include:

full name

service address

phone number

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems