Community Forum

ESPN Mobile App on Iphone

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

ESPN Mobile App on Iphone

i cannot accesss the ESPN Mobile App on my phone by using my Comcast/Xfinity login. 

is anyone else having this problem?

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: ESPN Mobile App on Iphone

On the watch ESPN app, first connect using your home Comcast network, the first time you open the app you should be prompted for your TV provider, choose Xfinity.

If it's not working, then choose the gear icon and logoff.  Then authenticate again while your on your home Xfinity wi-fi network.

If your authenticated properly, the "powered by Xfinity" should show up in the right top corner.

New Poster

I am unable to watch any games in the ESPN app because when I click on "watch" it gives me an error saying "The network is not included in your current television subscription.  Please contact your TV provider to subscribe.  http://xfinity.comcast.net/upgrade".  Since I am a Comcast subscriber and can watch the game online through the Xfinity website, please advise how to get this to work on the ESPN app.  I have tried ending the app and I have tried logging out and logging back in to the Xfinity system in the app (it doesn't ask me for any login information though).

Official Employee

MartinATL wrote:

I am unable to watch any games in the ESPN app because when I click on "watch" it gives me an error saying "The network is not included in your current television subscription.  Please contact your TV provider to subscribe.  http://xfinity.comcast.net/upgrade".  Since I am a Comcast subscriber and can watch the game online through the Xfinity website, please advise how to get this to work on the ESPN app.  I have tried ending the app and I have tried logging out and logging back in to the Xfinity system in the app (it doesn't ask me for any login information though).

I'd be curious if this still occurs when you are NOT connected to your home network (try switching to cellular).  The ESPN app login screen may be detecting your home network automatically. You didn't mention it asking you to sign in.

BTW - I looked up your account and see ESPN in your package (as you stated).