Community Forum

ERROR 8007

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

ERROR 8007

everytime i try to watch a video on xfinitytv on my computer it doesn't allow me. I just tried to watch the new modern family episode but Error 8007 came up. I have no idea what the problem is especially because it always works fine on my friend's computer under her account.

New Poster

Re: Error 8007

when i go to manage devices as you advised there are no devices to manage.  i'm watching just fine and then suddenly i get the error 8007

New Poster

Re: Error 8007

Me too!! Where did Joe go? I have no devices to manage either, this must be some problem on comcasts end.

New Poster

No videos will play today on mac laptop

Usually watch most TV show on the laptop.  Today won't play any, internet connection is fine, i can manage the DVR from the laptop just fine.    Every new video I click on says 

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 8007)

Please check back soon.

Every old video says

Sorry, this video is unavailable.

It's probably a network issue, so try refreshing the page. If that doesn't work, you may have to come back a little later.

It's also possible that this video has expired. Sometimes, videos are only available to us for a limited time.

it worked fine yesterday, today not at all.  I have unplugged router, restarted computer, checked for updates on brower.  Internet works just fine.   I use google chrome, i have a macbook pro 10.6.8.  what plug in supports this? i'm sure I just need a plug in upgrade?  

New Poster

"Error 8007 trying to watch Homeland Season 1

I reinstalled Silverlight, and deleted mspr.hds but still am getting error 8007 when I try to watch a video online.

New Poster

Error msg 8007

I can't connect to any programs to watch tv online.. getting error msg 8007

New Poster

Error 8007

I am trying to watch the last 3 episodes of game of thrones and error 8007 pops us. What is the problem?

New Poster

8007 error video not available

Getting 8007 error messages, I have never had problems watching online before so I doubt it is any settings on my computer, Unless Comcast has changed their requirements.

New Poster

error 8007

error 8007, what does this mean?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: error 8007

looks like comcast is having an issue on their end.  Did you see the 4 other posters that posted the same thing under your post??

New Poster

Re: Error msg 8007

I'm getting the same error, tried removing/installing silverlight had no impact.  Come on Comcast get with it.

New Poster

no but thank you.

and we are paying for this service correct?

Silver Problem Solver

no there is no charge for this service.

Regular Visitor

Video keeps quitting

I'm watching Homeland Season 2 Episode 6 "A Gettysburg Address". First it took a good hour or so to get the video running. Finally, I got it started but then every 10-15 minutes it will quit and ask me to refresh the page, which I do. It will then start again, ask me to restart or resume and keep working normally until it quits again. I am about 75% through the episode and it has quit on me 7 times. The last time it quit it gave me an Error 8007 saying the video is unavailable even though it says it is on the Homeland page. I'm starting to get a little frustrated and want to know what's going on. 

Tags (1)
New Poster

I'm online chatting with support and getting nowhere fast

Silver Problem Solver

Re: ERROR 8007

look at the 7 other posts under yours, there is a problem on comcasts end.

New Poster

TV

Cannot watch tv shows;  getting error 8807. 

New Poster

I just restarted my computer after getting upset and now it's working

Official Employee

Hi all,

Between 7:45 PM EST to 8:15 PM EST on 1/17/13, Xfinity.com/tv videos were giving users an 8007 error message.

This problem has been resolved and videos are now working. If you are still having video issues, please create a new thread so I can further assist you.

Also, to easier track how many customers reported this error and to not confuse any other customers, I have merged all the 8007 posts into this thread and deleted any troubleshooting posts. Those troubleshooting steps did not pertain to this error.  It was nothing personal and we do appreciate the support.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Regular Visitor

You are paying to be a comcast customer.  And you get re-runs, nothing between seasons and just plain trash TV 50% of the time.