Community Forum

ERROR 556 trying to watch any TV Episodes

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

ERROR 556 trying to watch any TV Episodes

New account (1 month) and when ever I try to watch any television shows I always get the 'Error 556' message.

In fact I also cannot get this Xfinity service to do much of anything in the ways of service. The email doesn't work and when it does, you can't load any size attachments without it taking 30+ minutes to load (if it ever does)

Is there something wrong with the setup or is it my system?

Microsoft 64bit Vista Home Premium, 6 gig RAM, 2.88 processor all updates included

I use my yahoo email due to the slow response of Comcast mail

Removed e-mail address for privacy concerns

Thanks for any help Comcast Joe

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: ERROR 556 trying to watch any TV Episodes

Joe, you locked out the other thread because you said it was solved but you never said what the fix was.

Official Employee

funnyman46 wrote:

New account (1 month) and when ever I try to watch any television shows I always get the 'Error 556' message.

In fact I also cannot get this Xfinity service to do much of anything in the ways of service. The email doesn't work and when it does, you can't load any size attachments without it taking 30+ minutes to load (if it ever does)

Is there something wrong with the setup or is it my system?

Microsoft 64bit Vista Home Premium, 6 gig RAM, 2.88 processor all updates included

I use my yahoo email due to the slow response of Comcast mail

Removed e-mail address for privacy concerns

Thanks for any help Comcast Joe

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you. Send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Also, what is the other thread that you are referring too that is locked? Please post the link.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Frequent Visitor

Information at screen (as per your request)

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.242.89.179 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.0 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; BOIE9;ENUS) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10111.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

FRINGE EPISODE trying to watch: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Fringe/100695/2201941965/A-Better-Human-Being/videos 

THREAD LOCKED :

• 2/1/12: Error 556
Official Employee

funnyman46 wrote:

Information at screen (as per your request)

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 98.242.89.179 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.0 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; BOIE9;ENUS) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10111.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

FRINGE EPISODE trying to watch: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Fringe/100695/2201941965/A-Better-Human-Being/videos 

THREAD LOCKED :

• 2/1/12: Error 556

Try completely uninstalling Flash Player from your computer and then download it again from here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

Joe, did the re-install and folloewed instructions to set security according to Adobe and still can't watch the show. Same error message 556

Frequent Visitor

Does having a 64 bit system play into this?

Frequent Visitor

Re-installed Flash Player (64 bit) Followed all instructions for flash player security

Set internet settings to default

Rebooted computer

Signed in to Comcast

Went to Fringe and clicked play

ERROR 556

System: Vista Home Premium, 64 bit with all updates version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

Official Employee

funnyman46 wrote:

Does having a 64 bit system play into this?

Possible but not always.

Please try watching Fringe in the Firefox web browser and see if videos work. If it does not play, does it give you the same error message?

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

I have the same issue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe and Silverlight. It seems to only be happening with the major networks (ABC, NBC, CBS) and not the others (Lifetime, TBS).

Official Employee

swill201 wrote:

I have the same issue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe and Silverlight. It seems to only be happening with the major networks (ABC, NBC, CBS) and not the others (Lifetime, TBS).

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

New Poster

At first, I encountered error 557. As instructed, I refreshed my page and then got error 556. I had tried clearing history. I checked my security settings. I made sure my plug-ins where current and and enable - nothing. I'm working with Chrome. I finally fixed it by going to Settings on Chrome. Then I went to,'Show Advanced Settings.' Then I clicked Reset Settings. 

I tried to play my show on Comcast again and I'm back in business. I'd thought I share if anyone else is still having trouble. It's something they might want to try.