Community Forum

EDIT: Xfinity Remote keeps crashing after updating to version 1.8.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

EDIT: Xfinity Remote keeps crashing after updating to version 1.8.

Just updated Remote app, iPhone 5. Now it crashes immediately after launching. How to fix?

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Remote keeps crashing after update

I have the same issue. I wish I hadn't updated.
Frequent Visitor

Updated iPad, and have the same problem: near-immediate crash
New Poster

Xfinity tv remote app not working anymore. Cannot even set DVR to record, crashes as soon as I hit record.
Please fix. Used to Bragg about this app.
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity app on iPad crashing

The app continues to crash when I open it to view the schedule.
Official Employee

Hi all,

Post release of our new app, we encountered a temporary data corruption that, under certain conditions, would manifest itself as an app crash. We have identified and corrected the issue, however, anyone that downloaded the TV listings data prior to the fix will continue to see this behavior.

To refresh TV listings data:

1.    Close the app from memory. 

a. To do this, double click the Home button on your iOS device. Then find the XFINITY TV Remote App at the bottom of the device and hold your finger over the app for 2 or 3 seconds and a red minus bar will appear. Click the red minus bar:

minus.jpeg 

2.   Now click iOS Settings Application iOS-Settings-icon.jpg and then scroll down until you see the XFINITY TV Remote. (Apps are sorted alphabetically so it will be near the bottom of the page)

3.    Switch the Clear Application Data to ON as the picture below details:

settings.jpeg

4.       Relaunch the app to fetch the new TV listings data

Alternatively, you can uninstall then reinstall the app from the Appstore.

We take the customer experience very seriously and we are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any further questions about the XFINITY Remote App, please post it on this thread and I will further assist you.

Thanks,

ComcastJoe

New Poster

Thanks Comcast Joe. The fix works great!
Frequent Visitor

Deleted and reloaded and it works. But don't you test these things before release?
New Poster

Nothing that you have described seems to apply to my Kindle Fire at all. I've been tryimg to watch an episode of Saturday Night Live for over 6 hours on 2 different networks and 2 different devices. Screen goes black and keyboard appears---when I'm lucky and it doesn't totally crash and seize up every single function of my Kindle. Have had less than one week, and other video sources stream without incident. So far this app is pure garbage!

New Poster

Since my previous post I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, which had no effect.

New Poster

I followed a link from another thread, and this is obviously a different issue.

New Poster

Re: EDIT: Xfinity Remote keeps crashing after updating to version 1.8.

Great work Comcast Joe, However there is still another issue.  Also since the app update it will no longer list my DVR recordings.  Never had an issue till immediatly after the update.  Tried over ten times app no longer crashes now but everytime I try to view my recordings it takes like 10 sec's then displays " We are unable to access your recordings right now. Please try again later."  Noticed this 2 days ago when the app crashed, but figured where as it's another type of listing task it was related.  I've reset app, re-downloaded app, reset set top box/dvr, modem and my network router.  Even unpluged items for over 10 mins.  Still get same error when trying to view recordings.  They are still there because I can view them from the guide through the comcast remote.

New Poster

Iphone 5 and ipad 4 both crash upon launching...tried the fix but it did not help.
New Poster

With the release of ios 9.0 and 9.0.1 the app crashes a lot when scrolling.  deleting and reinstalling does not fix the problem.  Nor does clearing the data.

Please check and update the app to make it fully compatible with ios 9.0.1

New Poster

Have iPhone 6+ with latest software 9.1.0. Tv remote app terminates after scrolling around and looking at various programs. Typically kicks me out after looking at two or three tv listings. Tried fix. Didn't help. Same with wife's iPhone 6. Remote app version 2.2.0. Problem appeared when version 9.0.0 of iPhone was loaded. All other apps on my iPhone work normally.
New Poster

Problem in my previous post was with 9.0.1 not 9.1.0.
New Poster

Problem is not solved! Problem still remains in IOS 9.0.2 after deleting data and application and reloading.
Regular Contributor

That fix is over 2 years old Mr. Comcast Joe and IT DOES NOT WORK  for the current crashing problems.

Gold Problem Solver

Two Year Old thread being closed.