Community Forum

Dr Who Christmas special??

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Dr Who Christmas special??

Today is Christmas. Had a great meal with good friends.

Tonight I come home, fed the beasts, then sit down to see what might be available to calm my nerves after a long day (As I'll soon need to sleep, and then work).

So, I go online. See that nothing new has been added (Due to being Christmas week). However the little "HYPE" section is trying to get me to watch les miseralbes? then slides over to show the Dr. Who Christmas special. Which I always forget and typically watch in June when I see Xfinity had posted it months earlier, but not mentioned it months earlier. Usually it's somewhere down in the "unknown episodes" section at the bottom of the page. Maybe given it's own page all together.

So, I click on it. All excited to see a Dr. Who Christmas special ON Christmas. However it takes me to the show page, where the Christmas episode is not listed anywhere. I go back and click directly on the go there NOW box. It goes to the show page again. So, I went through the typical "if you think BBC added an episode" hunt. Go to TV, Select hide, and newest, then BBC. Now I can check the Dr. Who "special" section (which is seperate from the "regular show" section. NOT THERE EITHER!!

So, again I return to the place where I found it in the first place. It definately IS a listing for the new episode!

So, Xfinity (er Joe) where is it? Why post it when you don't have it yet?? WHEN will it be available? June?

Edit: I just looked at the show page. On that page to the left of the show's promo banner/pic it says :

Episodes available online day after air. The last three seasons available in entirety.

MAYBE you guys will have this tomorrow then? (still makes no sence to list today). However I should point out you only have one preview, three clips and 5 episodes from this last season. NOT ONE EPISODE OF ANY OF THE LAST THREE SEASONS!
Regular Contributor

Re: Dr Who Christmas special??

I fell for the same trick.

It was silly of me to think something good would get posted on xmas when they can't get it right on the other 364 days of the year. Fool me once...

The worst part is that someone took the time to post the episode as "Pick of the Day", but not post the actual episode. Its just mean is what it is, like they just screw up stuff to spite us. Sigh.

Happy Holidays Comcast.

Official Employee

Hi all,

The video aired just last night and was made available to us this morning. 

We are having some issues with the video though and hope that it will be back up and running shortly.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Contributor

We all know it's not your fault Joe.

However posting things as available when they are not available, as well as NOT mentioning things that HAVE been posted, or MIS-posting things such as listing episodes as "unknown" when the episode listing is obvious, IS the issue!

No offence to you Joe, but as badly managed as this entire site has ALWAYS been. I'd have to believe that just like the forum. This entire site is controlled by ONE PERSON! That person might even prefer a short day over doing a good job.

If I EVER watch a new show on this site? Such as a few weeks ago when I watched the entire Deadwood series for the first time. I ALWAYS pull up the show's Wiki page. It IS the only way to know for sure I'll see the episodes in the correct order (As Xfinity likes to just post them in whatever order they randomly choose).

So, whenever this type of thing happens. I post about it.

VF

P.S. I currently make just shy of $35k per year. If ya'll are hiring to replace that SHMUCK? I'd do a far better job. Give me a call! :-)

Official Employee

Vancefish wrote:

We all know it's not your fault Joe.

However posting things as available when they are not available, as well as NOT mentioning things that HAVE been posted, or MIS-posting things such as listing episodes as "unknown" when the episode listing is obvious, IS the issue!

No offence to you Joe, but as badly managed as this entire site has ALWAYS been. I'd have to believe that just like the forum. This entire site is controlled by ONE PERSON! That person might even prefer a short day over doing a good job.

If I EVER watch a new show on this site? Such as a few weeks ago when I watched the entire Deadwood series for the first time. I ALWAYS pull up the show's Wiki page. It IS the only way to know for sure I'll see the episodes in the correct order (As Xfinity likes to just post them in whatever order they randomly choose).

So, whenever this type of thing happens. I post about it.

VF

P.S. I currently make just shy of $35k per year. If ya'll are hiring to replace that SHMUCK? I'd do a far better job. Give me a call! :-)

This video is now working.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe