Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Downloads Not On Device Cannot Return

New Poster

Downloads Not On Device Cannot Return

I select a recording to download by selecting the "Take To Go" option:  Again, it looks like it starts.  I come back later, and it says "On XXXX's iPhone" or "on XXXX's iPad" - so it thinks it's on my device.  However, there is no option to "Watch" or "Return".  The only option is "More Info".  When I click on "More Info", it just takes me to the screen with series info/episodes (the list)/upcoming.  In other words, I can't play it on the device AND I can't return it.  It's just stuck. If I go to the Downloads screen, the show is not even listed there (yet under Recordings, it shows that it's on my device). I have logged off the app on my iPhone and iPad, which are supposed to check in all downloaded items, but the items still show up as  "On XXXX's iPhone" or "on XXXX's iPad."

Problem Solver

Re: Downloads Not On Device Cannot Return

Which app are you talking about?  I don't see a "Take to Go" option on either the Xfinity TV app nor the Xfinity TV Go app.   You have to be talking about the Xfinity TV app though since it is the only one which lets you download shows from the DVR.

If it is the Xfinity TV app, not sure why you can't play it after downloading it, but you might be able to return it to the DVR by removing the device from authorized downloads devices list. 

Go to https://device.comcast.net/devices, and sign in with the "Primary account".  Only the "Primary account"  is allowed to remove devices.  Then go to the "X1 DVR Downloads" tab and find the device you want to remove, then click "REMOVE".

Check if the download is now returned.

New Poster

I am having the same issue, but even after I remove the device and delete the Xfinity TV app, the show still says "Downloaded to XXX?s iPhone". It's also strange that it has a question mark instead of the apostrophe. When I re install the app, in created a new device with an apostrophe instead of the question mark.
New Poster

what worked for you
New Poster

I was able to return using the steam tv app on my phone.  Go to "Settings" > "Manage Deviices" > "return"

I ran into the issue when I did a factory reset on my phone and I had downloaded a show before I did the reset.  So the show was deleted from my phone after the reset but my account showed it as downloaded to my mobile device.  The solution above worked for me.  Good luck!

Frequent Visitor

Excellent! Thanks, d1smalls. It worked for me!