Community Forum

Does Every X1 installation have a PoE MoCA filter installed by a tech?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Does Every X1 installation have a PoE MoCA filter installed by a tech?

Reading about how data can go outside my home via MoCA unless there is a PoE filter installed.  My understanding is that X1 utilizes MoCA -- Can I assume if I have an X1 installation that the tech would have installed the filter?

Official Employee

Re: Does Every X1 installation have a PoE MoCA filter installed by a tech?

@BarnyardDog wrote:

Reading about how data can go outside my home via MoCA unless there is a PoE filter installed.  My understanding is that X1 utilizes MoCA -- Can I assume if I have an X1 installation that the tech would have installed the filter?

Yes, it's a safe assumption. It may be at the tap, the ground block or the first splitter in your house.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Does Every X1 installation have a PoE MoCA filter installed by a tech?

Well I just found out I did not have it on after the last technican left.. 5 months later I had another problem and the technician just put it on and I had no idea what I was missing. He said the last technician forgot to put it on. Never knew what it was after all these years and neighbors with X1