Community Forum

Doctor Who Episode Missing

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Doctor Who Episode Missing

Why is Doctor Who episode 902 not in ON Demand? It is available on-line. Here we go again with this problem. Comcast Teds if you're out there, please take a look. You've solved this problem before. Hope it gets fixed soon.

New Poster

Re: Doctor Who Episode Missing

Yes. I went to watch it and it was not there. Upsetting considering how much I pay per month.
Contributor

It's 5 days later and still no Doctor Who episode 902! 

Contributor

Allison. Check again. The episode has been available for me since Monday, and I've already watched it. Hope this was helpful.

Contributor

It's been available for HD only.

Contributor

You are correct. Sorry about that. Time to post another complaint.

New Poster

Hmmm... well, it's now 10/4 and I still have no access to last week's season premier episode(s), or to last night's episode on my television (I don't see them listed in SD or HD). I can watch on my laptop online, but that's my small screen. I'd like to be able to watch on my large screen. Very disappointing!

Contributor

You could be looking in the wrong place. You can't find the current season under the alphabetical listings. You need to look under By Network and then BBC America, Doctor Who, Current Season. Episode 901 and 903 are up, but the elusive 902 is nowhere to be found!

Regular Visitor

I still can't find it either but do see episodes 1 and 3. What's up here?

Administrator

They are currently working on getting this added, I apologize for the delay with this. Currently we have no ETA on when this will be completed. -FC 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Contributor

Thanks for the update, Francisco. Appreciate your being on the case. We'll keep an eye out for the episode.

Contributor

Now episode 903 is missing too! It was there at the beginning of the week and now it's gone. 901 is the only episode available. This is why I still have a VCR recorder. Guess I'll have to start using it again!

Contributor

Allison. I contacted Comcast Francisco yesterday regarding both missing episodes. So far no reply. I will continue to plug away on this situation.

Regular Visitor

Still no episodes. Is there any way to fix this? I would like to watch these episodes which Comcast promises us.

New Poster

TVgo has episode but not viewable on TV On Demand

Doctor Who latest episode Before the Flood aired Saturday the 10th of October.  It is currently viewable online via the xfinity app, but is not scheduled for viewing on TV on-demand until 10/17

Seriously?  Either someone programmed the release date wrong on the TV on-demand, or you people at comcast decided to let it be available for viewing the night the next episode is airing.  Sometimes, i look at my comcast bill and how you people handle simple things like this, and i wonder about calling Dish or DirectTV

Administrator

Can you provide a few extra details ? Are you using X1 or one of our older boxes. I am unable to duplciate this issue at this time, from our end and as a result this might just be happening with certain devices or specific areas at this time. If anyone that is having this issue can send me a private message with the City and Box model I should be able to have this looked into. Also, I was able to find the episodes under Doctor Who > Season 9.  -FC 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Administrator

Just wanted to give a quick update to everyone here. I reached out to engineering  to see if some devices are still experiencing the problems and they were able to confirm. Right now there is no  ETA on this, but they are working on getting this restored for all devices. -FC 

Contributor

On my On Demand, only episodes 901 and 904 are available in SD. In HD, all of season 9 episodes are there. 

New Poster

I live in Indianapolis and I can only see episodes 1  and 4 in my on demand. Very frustrating as this is one reason I have cable so I can watch shows later when I have time with the on demand service. Please fix soon. 

Administrator

Just wanted to update everyone on this and clear up my previus post that might have caused some confusion. The HD version is available, but the SD has not been added yet. We are working on getting these files and adding them. I will update once we get new information. -FC 

Regular Visitor

What is going on here? Episode 903 was up before and is now gone. It seems like a simple thing to get done? What is taking so long? It's incomprehensible. Please tell us some good news here.

New Poster

It's happening on my Atlanta connection, also. 901 and the newest episode is available, but not 902 (which I missed the first week it was out) and not 903 (which was available last week, but not now).

Contributor

It is now 19 days since I first Posted about this issue. Many others have also expressed their dismay about the missing episodes in the interim. The service is called On Demand. Not Begging & Pleading for a program to show up. My next communication on this matter will be directly to the office of the head of Customer Service. Maybe then some action will be forthcoming to actually solve this problem. I will be sure to mention you prominently. Thanks.  

Administrator

We usually receive the programming from the network. In this case it seems that there was a mixed up and as a result we have been unable to provide these programs. A request was submitted to the network to be able to add this, but we have not received them yet. I wish there was better news regarding this, but we are working on getting these files in order to have them re-added. I apologize for the delay on this. -FC 

Contributor

Thanks for your quick response, and I am happy to hear you are still working on this. I know the tone of my last message was somewhat harsh, but I hope you can understand the frustration this has caused with the many who have posted on this issue. Hope it is resolved soon. And thanks again for your attention to this matter.

New Poster

This has gotten beyond rediculous. The fifth episode has aired, and I'm still waiting to be granted permission to watch the second episode. This hugely popular show has one of the most rabid fanbases - is this really wise, Comcast? You can say it's the network's fault all you want, but you cannot convince me you are completely at their mercy. These things are all done digitally - how hard could this be?

New Poster

Still waiting for episodes 2 and 3. Is there an update on this issue? Why is it taking so long? 

Frequent Visitor

Episodes 902 and 903 are missing for both SD and HD. Help!!

New Poster

it's not just Dr Who either. I don't know if it's all BBC channel shows, but I tried to watch Last Kingdom, and I got the same error message there as well. I tried to call and talk with a rep yesterday, and she had me on hold forever, telling me that she was trying to see if it was a known issue, but couldn't find anything about it. And yet a few minutes on the internet and I find this thread, that's been responded to by their reps, so they do know about the issue. It's been going on too long. It's now more than just a little "oops" hiccup, it's now rediculous.. Not the way to keep customers, especially in the age of Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, etc (all of which I have)...It's really easy to "cut the cord" nowdays Comcast....

Contributor

Just checked and episodes 101 & 102 of "Last Kingdom" are missing from standard def file in On Demand. It is now obvious Comcast has an issue uploading programs from BBC America. I would suggest contacting Comcast Francisco about this problem so he can add it to his list. I have contacted the office of VP of Customer Relations regarding the "Doctor Who" problem in hopes it will spur some action. If the opportunity arises I will mention the "Last Kingdom" situation as well.

Administrator

Just wanted to update everyone regarding this once more. I am a Doctor Who fan as well, so believe me I can understand that this is has taken a long time to be resolved. Right now we are still waiting on the assets to be delivered from the provider, this is something that we cannot simply add without the files they provide. They are still working with them to get this corrected as soon as possible. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA of when this will happen, since after we receive them they have to be processed and added. -FC 

Frequent Visitor

IN Philadelphia both episodes 902 and 903 missing in SD AND HD

@ComcastFrancisc wrote:

Just wanted to update everyone regarding this once more. I am a Doctor Who fan as well, so believe me I can understand that this is has taken a long time to be resolved. Right now we are still waiting on the assets to be delivered from the provider, this is something that we cannot simply add without the files they provide. They are still working with them to get this corrected as soon as possible. Unfortunately we do not have an ETA of when this will happen, since after we receive them they have to be processed and added. -FC 

Administrator

I got news today that the episodes are being loaded. Some areas should have these already and again I apologize for the delay it took to get the episodes up. -FC 

Contributor

They're up! Huzzah! Thank you FC!!!!

Administrator

More like Allons-y! But no problem, if anyone notices any errors with these episodes let me know here. -FC 

Contributor

You weren't kidding when you said you were a fan, Francisco. Do prefer a bow tie or fez? 

Administrator

We are going a bit off topic but I know if I don't answer people will keep wondering. It would have to be the fez for sure, although that scarf is my all time favorite. -FC 

New Poster

902 and 903 are back in the On Demand menu in Atlanta. Now I can catch up, and finally get back to my life!

Administrator

I got news that this should be available on all areas and devices at this time. If anyone still notices a problem with this, let me know. -FC 

Frequent Visitor

I'm in Harford county Maryland and do not have access to ep2 the witch's familiar and ep4 before the flood.  All others are available.  Chatted briefly with CS tonight their response was BBC has not released them yet : (   Thoughts.

Admin1

We get our On Demand content from the broadcast station. It must be released to us for it to be available. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!