Community Forum

Do music channels have CD quality sound?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Problem Solver

Do music channels have CD quality sound?

Like on demand music videos pandora i heart music choice and the sd live music video channels
Regular Contributor

Re: Do music channels have CD quality sound?

Please define "CD Quality"........

what hard number specs are you looking for?

Expert

@billmich88888 wrote:

Please define "CD Quality"........

what hard number specs are you looking for?

I guess the easiest way to find out is to play it through your surround sound system to see if it plays in "5.1 SS" or just "Stereo". The CD might specify in the fine print. Depending on the age of the C.D. it might differ. On the other hand; "DVD quality" means bottom of the barrel (4:3 video in 480P) and most likely "stereo" for audio.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

I don't know the specs, but my subjective opinion is that the sounds quality is terrible on the music channels. To my ear, they aren't anywhere near CD quality.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

I guess it depends on the source some channels on xfinity really have good quality while others don't

Regular Contributor

CD's are never in 5.1

it is a 2 channel medium