Community Forum

Do I have Anyroom DVR and just don't know it?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Do I have Anyroom DVR and just don't know it?

On my bill it's listed as Anyroom DVR Service but I don't think I have it.  I have one room with the X1, one HD box and 3 little DTE's.  Am I supposed to have different boxes to use this function or do I have it and just don't know how to use it?  Any help is much appreciated.

Expert

Re: Do I have Anyroom DVR and just don't know it?

98zr600efi wrote:

On my bill it's listed as Anyroom DVR Service but I don't think I have it.  I have one room with the X1, one HD box and 3 little DTE's.  Am I supposed to have different boxes to use this function or do I have it and just don't know how to use it?  Any help is much appreciated. 

The DTA (tiny boxes) come in two versions, SD only and HD available via HDMI cable. Both rent for the same price and are not able to participate with the other x1 equipment (like viewing DVR recordings, on-demand recordings, apps, etc. They generally rent for 1/2 to 2/3 of the price of a companion X1 box ($10/month retail).

The Xg1 DVR recordings should be available on your 'HD box'. If the HD box remote has an xfinity button, press that button then select saved, then select Recordings.  if you see the recordings, that is 'anyroom' DVR. normally you don't get charged for that unless you have a package where you don't get charged for a DVR as a line entry (for example on bill at $19.99/month). You might want to check to see if you have activated your cloud DVR feature by going to a web browser to https://tv.xfinity.com/ and logging in with your comast username and password. From there you can access at least the last 60 hours recorded on the cloud DVR.

There are many packages available from your billing department that might give you more equipment at a lower cost as the equipment rental for a DVR + 3 or more other boxes is included in the package price. With that package you can swap out some of your DTAs for an X1 companion box that has full access to your recordings, on-demand, etc.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

98zr600efi wrote:

Yes, you do have the proper equipment. Press the Xfinity button on your remote at your HD box and go to Saved. Do you see any recordings? Presently the HD box is showing offline

Frequent Visitor

My HD box has the older dark gray remote that does not have an Xfinity button.  It has a DVR button that when I press it on screen says dvr service not available and the OnDemand button up the top that works as it always has.  Do I need to get a different remote for the HD box?

Official Employee

98zr600efi wrote:

My HD box has the older dark gray remote that does not have an Xfinity button.  It has a DVR button that when I press it on screen says dvr service not available and the OnDemand button up the top that works as it always has.  Do I need to get a different remote for the HD box?

I apologize,double checked and that HD box isn't an X1 box. It's a Legacy box. Swap it out at your local service center for either an XG2 or XiD.

Silver Problem Solver

98zr600efi wrote:

You are describing a non-X1 DVR that comes with a silver remote.

The X1 service has Anyroom.

Does that help?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

Would it be an even swap or is there an additional charge to swap that Legacy box with one of the X1 compatible ones?

Silver Problem Solver

98zr600efi wrote:

Would it be an even swap or is there an additional charge to swap that Legacy box with one of the X1 compatible ones?

There is no way for us to know.  Your best bet would be to go to your nearest Comcast store and talk to them.  They have the best info.

Official Employee

You're just swapping box for box, if you've been paying for it all along.
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem. I just noticed I was paying for anyroom dvr and 2 satellite boxes and called customer support. The told me the boxes I have are anyroom dvr compatible. For the life of me I can't get it to work. I see the "home" icon on the dvr box. I also have the silver box and no matter what buttons I push I can't see my saved recording. I have a MOR200BN for the dvr and MOTO DCT700 for the satellite boxes. They are connected regulaar tv's using channel 3.

Any ideas what to try next 

Thanks

Official Employee

You have the wrong secondary boxes. The DCT700 are SD boxes and don’t talk to the dvr. You can swap them out at your local service center or have a tech out or even upgrade to the X1 platform