Community Forum

Disable Power Off When X1 Box Is Not The Inpu

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Disable Power Off When X1 Box Is Not The Inpu

I have my X1 4K box, as well as my XBOX and Playstation connected to an AVR.  When I switch inputs from the X1 Box to my XBOX, the box will turn itself off after about 10 minutes, this is even when I the power settings of the box at off (Xfinity>Settings>Device>Power Saver = OFF).  This appears to be a function of the new 4K X1 box, because my previous box did not do that. This is annoying because it stops the auto recording of the current channel, and I can't rewind when this happens.I wouid like to turn this function off.

Expert

Re: Disable Power Off When X1 Box Is Not The Inpu

dratsablive wrote:

I have my X1 4K box, as well as my XBOX and Playstation connected to an AVR.  When I switch inputs from the X1 Box to my XBOX, the box will turn itself off after about 10 minutes, this is even when I the power settings of the box at off (Xfinity>Settings>Device>Power Saver = OFF).  This appears to be a function of the new 4K X1 box, because my previous box did not do that. This is annoying because it stops the auto recording of the current channel, and I can't rewind when this happens.I wouid like to turn this function off.

press the Xfinity button on your remote > gear(settings > Comcast Labs > HDMI Link - is it on or off?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Gold Problem Solver

Rusty's suggestion is a good one but I suggest that you go into the settings of your TV and receiver and turn off any HDMI-CEC or HDMI Control features.

dratsablive wrote:

Frequent Visitor

It was set to ON, just set it to OFF and will test.  Thank you for your reply.