Community Forum

Default Sort Recordings Alphabetically

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Default Sort Recordings Alphabetically

Is there a way to set the default sort value for recordings to be A-Z?  It always reverts to most recent.

Thanks

Expert

Re: Default Sort Recordings Alphabetically

cleme1q wrote:

Is there a way to set the default sort value for recordings to be A-Z?  It always reverts to most recent.

Thanks

no it resets after 90 minutes of not touching the menu system.

if you have a smart phone there is an app "xfinity TV Remote" that has a DVR manager that allow you to touch and get immediate lists in time/date order. It is fast and scrollable and very readable.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Does Comcast have any plans to change this?  Us old people want to watch the oldest recording of a show first, NOT the most recent!  Plus, sorting alphabetically makes more sense if you record a lot of series.

Silver Problem Solver

cculwell wrote:

Does Comcast have any plans to change this?  Us old people want to watch the oldest recording of a show first, NOT the most recent!  Plus, sorting alphabetically makes more sense if you record a lot of series.

It seems Comcast never tells us of any plans for changes.  We hear about them when they happen.

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Frequent Visitor

This is NOT a solution. I am look for a solution that will work with the Comcast Remote . My previous provider (AT&T U-VERSE) had this feature but they are not servicing our new home.

Expert

cculwell wrote:

to sort recording titles alphabetically, on the remote press Xfinity >> Saved >> Recordings >> press Down then Up >> select A-Z (or using voice remote say recordings then down/up button presses.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

This provides only a temporary solution. The next time you access the list of recorded shows after doing this the recorded shows will be sorted again by most recently recorded. Is there any way to set the sort option to "alphabetical" and have it stay that way until you reset it to most recent?

Silver Problem Solver

NO.