Community Forum

Deadliest Catch on Xbox/Website Schedule?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Deadliest Catch on Xbox/Website Schedule?

I'm trying to figure out when Deadliest Catch is going to be available online or on XBox. The first episode of the season showed up shortly after it was aired, but there have been none made available since. What is the schedule for this show? Where would you find information on this type of thing in the future?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Deadliest Catch on Xbox/Website Schedule?

The networks determine when shows are avabilable and if they are available its not something comcast does.  Whenever people try to use on demand like a dvr there is always trouble as not every episode is posted on demand.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks...but there has to be a policy on the show. I'm just asking if Comcast can state whether the shows are going to be there and when.

If they're not going to have them on demand/xbox/online then put that in the show description.

Official Employee

kschoenberg wrote:

Thanks...but there has to be a policy on the show. I'm just asking if Comcast can state whether the shows are going to be there and when.

If they're not going to have them on demand/xbox/online then put that in the show description.

Due to licensing agreements, the other episodes will not be made available till after the current season.

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Frequent Visitor

Joe,

Thanks. I understand this isn't Comcast's choice. Very strange to allow one show and no more.

...ken

New Poster

Joe.......  So the license agreement is to show one episode, then cut it off?  Huh.......  Forget it then, I'll just buy the DVD set, and try to convince myself the $120 comcast bill every month is worth it...  (Why do I keep feeling like every service I buy screws me? AT&T, COMCAST, Farmers......)

Frequent Visitor

The producers are clearly trying to make more $ off it.  They're offering the episodes on I-Tunes for $2.99 each.  I'm already paying for a subscription to Discovery through Comcast, so its more likely they've lost me as a fan by not making the episodes available to paying subscribers.  Not Comcast fault.

Brad

Regular Contributor

I have DirecTv service and only the first episode of Deadliest catch is available on DirecTv OnDemand as well. 

Frequent Visitor

This is the reason why I caved in and ordered comcast. The combination of netflix, hulu, itunes, and amazon video are not a replacement for a modern DVR. Heck, even the xfinity app is not a adequate replacement for a DVR since it's hit or miss on a lot of shows. The only way you are going to catch those shows are to either record the reruns on a DVR, buy the dvd set, or wait 3 years for it to show up on netflix. 

Frequent Visitor

I disagree...it's the reason to dump Comcast/DirecTV, etc. and just buy the shows you want on Amazon or iTunes. It still works out a lot cheaper than $100+ a month.

The real problem here is that Comcast or the content owners aren't bothering to communicate what their plans are for a series. Either it is going to be on Xfinity or not. This doesn't have to be a mystery.

New Poster

You know what?  If I remeber going back a few short years, I recalled that it didnt matter what cable company I had, but regardless....if I watched the Weather Channel...I'd get the weather channel.  If I watched History Channel or Discovery Channel..., I'd see the shows that anyone else in the world would see if they watched those networks.  How would I know that a show was "dropped" or no longer available????  Simply, because typically that network just claimed that ratings were not that good, and the show was discontinued - end of story.

What is going on now, I do not understand.  A network (Discovery) has produced a series presently running (Deadliest Catch), and a cable company that I have (Comcast) which sold me a TV package which supposedly included a particular line up of channels, has the ability or rights to claim I'm getting a channel, but is manipulating the flow of programs which aire on that channel, all because they are choosing which individual shows are more or less affordable to them???

That would be as if ABC, NBC, or CBS filmed shows such as Survivor, Bachlorette, Jeopordy, or any others that people watch every day, and then my cable company decides to go on welfare and simply feed me old reruns of Gilligan's Island when the rest of the world is watching some poor soul get voted off of Volcano Island in the middle of the Pacific?

You know what?  I'm thinking there's something less than kosher going on and the few big players like ATT and Comcast are now suddenly acting like a monopoly and allowed to alter basic programing.  "Note to Self" - contact the FCC......