Community Forum

DVR recordings

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

DVR recordings

Was toldmy X1multiroom DVR can record up to 6 shows simultaneously.  We have 1 dvr box and 4 non dvr boxes.  While watching tv on one box, only 2 programs are recording, we were watching one of the programs and when we went to change the channel, message came up that all boxes are in use and if we continue to change channel, one of the recordings would end.  What's the deal here?

Expert

Re: DVR recordings

JOHN212 wrote:

Was toldmy X1multiroom DVR can record up to 6 shows simultaneously.  We have 1 dvr box and 4 non dvr boxes.  While watching tv on one box, only 2 programs are recording, we were watching one of the programs and when we went to change the channel, message came up that all boxes are in use and if we continue to change channel, one of the recordings would end.  What's the deal here?

swap one of your companion set top boxes for an XG2 and that will free up all of your tuners on the DVR. If you would, please reply with your DVR's model number. you may have a 5 tuner pace instead of a 6 tuner Arris DVR.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

JOHN212 wrote:

What you were told was true but it probably wasn't explained clearly enough is that each of those XiDs each take a tuner (each tuner=an available recording). Six tuner dvr minus 4 Xid equals the 2 recordings that you are able to record. On top of that, you shouldn't have been installed with 4 of those. It should've been a DVR, XG2 and 3 Xids. I've escalated it to see if we can get another tech out to swap out an Xid for an XG2 and free up the DVR.

Expert

ComcastAndrew wrote:

JOHN212 wrote:

What you were told was true but it probably wasn't explained clearly enough is that each of those XiDs each take a tuner (each tuner=an available recording. On top of that, you shouldn't have been installed with 4 of those. It should've been a DVR, XG2 and 3 Xids. I've escalated it to see if we can get another tech out to swap out an Xid for an XG2 and free up the DVR.

do they have the 5 tuner pace or 6 tuner Arris DVR?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi, JOHN212 - I can help with the scheduling a tech visit for the box swap. Please send me a private message with your name, address, and a phone number. Thank you!