Community Forum

DVR recording all episodes of 1 show instead of “new”

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR recording all episodes of 1 show instead of “new”

stuyoung wrote:

Thank you for the reply.  Seems to me that the software should be looking only for the “new”designation and not the “repeat” designation. 

You are correct, but if the content provider doesn't include the correct designatione, there is nothing Comcast can do about it.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Official Employee

It should, but some episodes have neither designation. And those are the episodes that I was able to duplicate the issue with.
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the reply.  Seems to me that the software should be looking only for the “new”designation and not the “repeat” designation. 

Official Employee

I tried it and replicated it myself and the ones that are recording are the episodes with no repeat or new designation at all, just general series information. That’s info provided by Spike.
Regular Visitor

DVR recording all episodes of 1 show instead of “new”

COPS on Spike....I’ve set the DVR to record only NEW episodes on Spike, however it continues to record every episode.  This is the only show I have this problem with. I’ve tried deleting the recording and setting it again, no luck.  The Guide clearly shows “New” for the new episodes and nothing for the repeats, yet all shows get recorded.  Any ideas?  Thank you.