Community Forum

DVR priority list

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

DVR priority list

DVR Priority series shows are being cancelled for one time recordings. How can I stop this?
Expert

Re: DVR priority list

@wolfy11511 wrote:
DVR Priority series shows are being cancelled for one time recordings. How can I stop this?

what model of xg1 set top DVR do you have? how many other set top boxes do you have and what are the model numbers? with that information it should be possible to recommend proper equipment so you do not run out of tuners to use to record.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

This is the main box info ModelX001ANM and the other box is ModelR150BNM. These are the only boxes we have. Thank you for trying to help figure this out for me.
Expert

@wolfy11511 wrote:
This is the main box info ModelX001ANM and the other box is ModelR150BNM. These are the only boxes we have. Thank you for trying to help figure this out for me.

the version 1 model of DVR that you have has only 5 tuners available. When you have the opportunity, swapping it out for ver 3 or 4 of the DVR would give you 6 tuners and a much 'zippier' menu system (faster). the rng150 has none of the x1 apps nor aim anywhere voice remote capability and is also very slow in the menu system. If you swap that for an XG2 companion you would gain the extra features of X1. note that if you are using the older connections of the 150 to your TV then you are stuck.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thank you so much for the information, I’ll be calling Comcast to see if we can get the boxes switched. We’ve had both boxes for several years so hopefully they’ll swap them out for us. Again thank you for the help.