Community Forum

DVR not working properly. If I try to record a program it does not record.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

DVR not working properly. If I try to record a program it does not record.

DVR not working properly
Official Employee

Re: DVR not working properly. If I try to record a program it does not record.

@danieldudek wrote:
DVR not working properly

Apologies for the issue that you noted above.

In reviewing your account I can see that you have a Motorola DCT 6412 DVR listed.

Also, can you provide some additional details on the specific channels (SD or HD) and programs that are not recording, how those DVR recordings are set up (series or individual) via the cable box or via a mobile device or from online?

There should also be a DVR History list that might provide some additional clues. Using the Comcast silver remote control, press the My DVR button, select Manage My DVR from the On-screen menu Then select DVR History. If you see the show(s) that did not record listed, press OK-Select to see if there is a reason listed.

In the meantime I did open a ticket on your account with our IL team who will also investigate further and contact you directly. Thanks for your patience.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!