Community Forum

DVR no longer records series recording

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

DVR no longer records series recording

I've had several series recordings set for years on my DVR and now one of them is no longer recording. The memory is 32% full and I've gone to series priority and favorites to remove and reset the series to no avail. The show comes on at 2 in the morning so I reset the time the box resets (it was at the default setting of between 2-4 in the morning but it has always recorded with the default time setting) and it still doesn't show up as being set for a series recording.
It is programmed for new and repeat episodes and set to stop recording 5 minutes after the scheduled time. I looked now and it did record last night but doesn't show up in my scheduled recordings and there are no red dots next to the show in the guide. It says the recording is set when I reprogram it though so I'm beyond confused.
Official Employee

Re: DVR no longer records series recording

@JenRN1 wrote:
I've had several series recordings set for years on my DVR and now one of them is no longer recording. The memory is 32% full and I've gone to series priority and favorites to remove and reset the series to no avail. The show comes on at 2 in the morning so I reset the time the box resets (it was at the default setting of between 2-4 in the morning but it has always recorded with the default time setting) and it still doesn't show up as being set for a series recording.
It is programmed for new and repeat episodes and set to stop recording 5 minutes after the scheduled time. I looked now and it did record last night but doesn't show up in my scheduled recordings and there are no red dots next to the show in the guide. It says the recording is set when I reprogram it though so I'm beyond confused.

What's the show?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Ren and Stimpy 😁
Official Employee

I tried to replicate it and it showed and scheduled to record just fine. It shows the next 2 weeks at 2 and 230am (Central for me) on Teen Nick
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

It didn't record this morning and doesn't have the 3 red dots in the guide. ☹
20180316_050417.jpg
New Poster

🙁
20180316_050429.jpg
20180316_050446.jpg
Official Employee

Try resetting your dvr. It recorded fine for me this morning

58B76562-B1A7-433F-B5C0-89B5E2A826DA.jpeg
New Poster

I refreshed and restarted the dvr to no avail. The recordings don't show up under scheduled recordings, it didn't record last night, and there are no red dots next to the show in the guide. I've removed and added it several times and nothing is working.
Thank you for all of your help. I quit.
New Poster

Mine chooses some shows not to record. They are marked with red dots and as scheduled to record but they don't. It is usually Man with a Plan but sometimes Bull and others that are my favorites. It is very irritating. I can't find much on xfinity site about recording on a DVR. Just things about streaming which irks me. I pay a lot for a DVR!  Very frustrating.