Community Forum

DVR manager doesn't see my dvr

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

DVR manager doesn't see my dvr

I have two Comcast accounts with one DVR at one address (my home) and basic cable at the other (my rental), both accounts are linked to the same username.  (When I log in to the website, I can access both accounts for other features of the site.  For example, I can see the bills for both accounts by choosing the account from a drop-down list.)  The DVR Manager only sees my basic cable rental account and not my home account with dvr. the site tells me it is not available with my account..  The DVR on the other account (my home account) is not listed in either place.

I wonder if the DVR Manager functionality in the mobile and web apps for some reason can't cope with the fact that I have my DVRs on different accounts even though I've linked them to the same username? Or if my home should somehow be listed as the primary account.

Also,  When I sign out of the website and then try to register for a new username for the home account by entering my account number and address, the website tells me I already have a username.  It displays the username to me and asks me to enter the password to log in.

There's also a link that says "Not [username]?  Create a username".  When I click that link, it just takes me through the same flow with the same result.

So that account is clearly also linked to my username.

Any advice?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: DVR manager doesn't see my dvr

jfricher wrote:

I have two Comcast accounts with one DVR at one address (my home) and basic cable at the other (my rental), both accounts are linked to the same username.  (When I log in to the website, I can access both accounts for other features of the site.  For example, I can see the bills for both accounts by choosing the account from a drop-down list.)  The DVR Manager only sees my basic cable rental account and not my home account with dvr. the site tells me it is not available with my account..  The DVR on the other account (my home account) is not listed in either place.

I wonder if the DVR Manager functionality in the mobile and web apps for some reason can't cope with the fact that I have my DVRs on different accounts even though I've linked them to the same username? Or if my home should somehow be listed as the primary account.

Also,  When I sign out of the website and then try to register for a new username for the home account by entering my account number and address, the website tells me I already have a username.  It displays the username to me and asks me to enter the password to log in.

There's also a link that says "Not [username]?  Create a username".  When I click that link, it just takes me through the same flow with the same result.

So that account is clearly also linked to my username.

Any advice?

Can you please private message me both of your account numbers so I can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Official Employee

I have received your private message. Thank you.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

Thanks I'll look forward to the call.

Frequent Visitor

I never got a call.

Official Employee

jfricher wrote:

I never got a call.

Can you tell me the make and models of the DVR boxes you are referring to?

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

MOTOROLA MOR200BNR and a  Motorola sb6121

Silver Problem Solver

sb6121 is a cable modem not a dvr box.  mor200bns is a motorola rng200n, the rng 200n is available for my dvr manager.  When you go to your box guide and go to set up do you see remote access set up?  when you go here do you see your cable boxes.

go here what does it say under manage cable boxes and remotes.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

Frequent Visitor

I've gone through this before and when I cluck on Manadvr able boxes and DVDs nothing is there.

Frequent Visitor

When I click dvr manager I get the following message 

DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are 
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

Official Employee

jfricher wrote:

When I click dvr manager I get the following message 

DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are 
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

We are re-opening this ticket. I will update you when I know more.

Thanks,
Joe

Frequent Visitor

Next they will tell you that you have to buy their Anyroom DVR service and have at least two boxes. This is the Comcast bait in switch move. Tell him Comcats Joe. He deserves the truth (mo money for comcast).

Frequent Visitor

Still no resolution.

New Poster

I am having the exact same issue - only thing is I have the Anyroom Hub with 2 terminals and my app worked perfectly for almost a year - then all of a sudden one day - i have no eligible cable boxes. I've tried uninstalling/ re-installing the app - I've tried resetting all the devices nothing seems to work. I've tried from my IPhone/Kindle Fire/ and laptop. I wish there was just a way to re-scan for avaialble devices because I'm at a complete loss. I tried contacting tech support but all they advised was to do exactly what I've already done. Smiley Sad NO BUENO. Help please!

Silver Problem Solver

kunzflorida, that is true for your area not for the motorola market. 

3dreamy how are you trying to get it to work on your kindle fire, there is no app that is comcat approved for that.

For all of you, if you go to your cable box menu on your tv and go to the box menu look for remote access set up, do you see it there?  if you do select it and you can delete the set up and it will start over again.

Also you can only have three devices attached to your account for mobile apps.  you should also go to the devices and settings area under your tv and you can delete those devices and again start again.  You should also sign out of the app, then delete all app data, then delete the app, next reload the app then try again.   If you can't see your boxes even from your computer that is a problem on comcasts end with your account

Remember this mostly works for motorola only, only a few Sa cisco areas have this.

New Poster

Rog286713 you're right about the kindle - my apologies. I will most certainly try the steps you've outlined as soon as I get home! I will inform all how it goes.

And yes my boxes are motorola

Thanks again for the response!!

New Poster

Did this ever get resolved?  I am having a similar issue.  I changed residences, previously TV Remote app worked with all equipment, now "no compatible equipment found" error at my new house.  Multiple calls to Customer Service, no resolution, even though I know my equipment is compatible.  DVR is MOR200BNR, 2nd HD box is PCRNG110R.  Really freaking irritating, especially when Comcast CS don't seem to listen to what the customer is telling them at all.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

I had to have a technician come out and create a second username and password for me.