Community Forum

DVR box not working

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: DVR box not working

@theaircobra wrote:

For the second night in a row I have had issues with one of my DVR boxes. It starts by saying it cannot tune to a channel, then locks up where I cannot choose anything. I unplug the box and plug it back in and it gets hung up on the 'Welcome' screen. I contacted chat support last night and they seemed to have fixed the issue but tonight they haven't. Not sure what is going on. Bummer considering I just paid my bill. Chat rep said they can get a tech out here in 3 days. That is ridiculous considering I don't want to be without TV for that long and it isn't like we live in the boonies. I have never had an issue with a tech not being able to come out the next day.

sorry to hear of the 3 day delay. if you have a lap/desktop or smart device your service includes streaming of your subscribed package in your home free of charge (data doesn't count)

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Contributor

DVR box not working

For the second night in a row I have had issues with one of my DVR boxes. It starts by saying it cannot tune to a channel, then locks up where I cannot choose anything. I unplug the box and plug it back in and it gets hung up on the 'Welcome' screen. I contacted chat support last night and they seemed to have fixed the issue but tonight they haven't. Not sure what is going on. Bummer considering I just paid my bill. Chat rep said they can get a tech out here in 3 days. That is ridiculous considering I don't want to be without TV for that long and it isn't like we live in the boonies. I have never had an issue with a tech not being able to come out the next day.