Community Forum

DVR Woes

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR Woes

We also are seeing erroneous skip forward behavior on buffered live TV of late. Does not happen always or per some obvious pattern so far, Do not recall this problem until last couple months or so? Originally thought it must be something we did. Sure of late this is incorrect. Problem usually is after watching live TV in buffer mode for a bit, we hit the skip fwd once or twice and the show immediately skips to end of buffer, aka live TV. No easy way to get back sometimes since viewing this wat does not or certainlt should not require us to monitor buffer length all along the way. Ends up with hunt and peck backwards until back to correct spot. Meanwhile, when want to get back to live TV it seems to take multiple presses, waits... what gives. Guess I miss the ole “live” button. Also concur that getting to DVR aka recordings is probably in top three most used functions for dvr customers, so why CC thinks “accessibility” deserves a shortcut key but my recordings list needs 4 steps plus pauses often in between... is a miss in design in my view too! Above is on two Arris Xg1s eith Xr5 remotes and seemingly good signals etc. i believe first issue is a code problem, second a design misinterpretation,. Just my somewhat lengthy two cents.
Expert

Re: DVR Woes

EricFromOregon wrote:

I would like to know if Xfinity has any plans to address some glaring DVR issues. Coming from Directv I have found using the Xfinity DVR to be painful to say the least. I understand it's cloud recording and love the fact that there is so much content, however two issues really stand out:

1) A minimum of 4 clicks through a sluggish menu system to get to your DVR recordings is ridiulous. Please give us a single button that will go directly to your saved programs.

2) The skip button often times takes you to the end of the buffer or recording for no apparent reason, one wrong click back or forward (even just one, not clicking more than that) and POOF you've just fast forwarded through the entire thing.

Software updates should be able to resolve these issues, I can't be the only one who's brought them up.

since this is posted in the x1 area (not the stream app mobile apps area), the answer on #1 is that you can use the voice remote and say "recordings' (one step one button).

#2 Not a problem i've seen in last couple of years. do you get pixelating/freezing problems too?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
New Poster

DVR Woes

I would like to know if Xfinity has any plans to address some glaring DVR issues. Coming from Directv I have found using the Xfinity DVR to be painful to say the least. I understand it's cloud recording and love the fact that there is so much content, however two issues really stand out:

1) A minimum of 4 clicks through a sluggish menu system to get to your DVR recordings is ridiulous. Please give us a single button that will go directly to your saved programs.

2) The skip button often times takes you to the end of the buffer or recording for no apparent reason, one wrong click back or forward (even just one, not clicking more than that) and POOF you've just fast forwarded through the entire thing.

Software updates should be able to resolve these issues, I can't be the only one who's brought them up.