Community Forum

DVR Service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

DVR Service

I have the Pace XG2 box.  Is it possible to have cloud DVR on this?

Official Employee

Re: DVR Service

No you need a physical dvr (XG1)
Contributor

So no Cloud DVR service without a physical DVR connected at home (XG1/XG2)?  The cloud just allows you to pull down what is on the box?  Was just trying to avoid the clunky box if I can.

Expert

bruizjr wrote:

So no Cloud DVR service without a physical DVR connected at home (XG1/XG2)?  The cloud just allows you to pull down what is on the box?  Was just trying to avoid the clunky box if I can.

would you happen to be an xfinity internet customer? if so there is a free stream TV beta with a 20 hour free DVR (stream/cloud)

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Yes I am an internet and tv customer.

Gold Problem Solver

Apparently the XG2 has the ability to be a "cloud only" DVR however Comcast has chosen not to use it that way, at least not yet.
Expert

bruizjr wrote:

Yes I am an internet and tv customer.

there is a new beta for streaming TV for internet only customers that gives access to TV and a 20 hour cloud DVR to the beta customers. Apparently it is limited to internet "only" customers.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.