Community Forum

DVR Service is Completely Unreliable

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR Service is Completely Unreliable

@AC88 wrote:
I'm on my 4th different X1 box now and none of them have made a difference. The DVR service is completely unreliable. It loses recordings at random; playback stops at random times and won't proceed beyond a random point although you can see that the recording had continued; programs will not play back that were fully recorded just the day before. Face it; the DVR service is worthy of a class action lawsuit. The sad thing is it's been this way for a very long time and you're obviously doing nothing to fix it. That's why people hate your company and think Comcast is a third rate corporation.

I have three DVR's and they have worked as advertised.  I suspect you are in an area where there are issues outside your control like bad wiring to your residence.  Are you in an apartment?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Visitor

DVR Service is Completely Unreliable

I'm on my 4th different X1 box now and none of them have made a difference. The DVR service is completely unreliable. It loses recordings at random; playback stops at random times and won't proceed beyond a random point although you can see that the recording had continued; programs will not play back that were fully recorded just the day before. Face it; the DVR service is worthy of a class action lawsuit. The sad thing is it's been this way for a very long time and you're obviously doing nothing to fix it. That's why people hate your company and think Comcast is a third rate corporation.