Community Forum

DVR Recordings I did not set

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: DVR Recordings I did not set

adding... The MoCA filter also acts as a 'reflector' which boots (doesn't degrade) the ih-home MoCA signal levels. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here(updated).
Official Employee

jypsy1958 wrote:

I am also having the same problem with recordings being on my DVR and we did not set them to record.  I see that someone answered with a comment about a MOCA filter.  Where does this go?  And will this stop the problem?  Why did Xfinity not supply one when they installed the system????

What are the recordings and date? Your moca network, remotely looks fine. If there is a filter, it will normally be at the ground block or at the first splitter. 

Silver Problem Solver

jypsy1958 wrote:

I am also having the same problem with recordings being on my DVR and we did not set them to record.  I see that someone answered with a comment about a MOCA filter.  Where does this go?  And will this stop the problem?  Why did Xfinity not supply one when they installed the system????

I had a moca filter installed recently; I didn't get interference from other customers until recently.  The Comcast tech was able to immediately find that I needed one.  Not everyone has to have them.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Gold Problem Solver

Km1977 wrote:
I've been noticing programs being recorded that I did not ask it to record. No one is here but me but later today I noticed that one of the recorded movies was dimmed to show that it was watched. I hit the show and chose "resume". It started half way through the movie like someone had watched half the movie and exited. What should I do is someone hacking my cable?

First question is do you have a MOCA filter installed on your system?  If not, a neighbor could be accessing your DVR and scheduling/watching your recorded assets...

New Poster

DVR Recordings I did not set

I've been noticing programs being recorded that I did not ask it to record. No one is here but me but later today I noticed that one of the recorded movies was dimmed to show that it was watched. I hit the show and chose "resume". It started half way through the movie like someone had watched half the movie and exited. What should I do is someone hacking my cable?