Community Forum

DVR Manager stopped working on iPad

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
New Poster

DVR Manager stopped working on iPad

About three weeks ago I can no longer check what's recorded on my DVRs or what's scheduled to record. If I use a PC it works fine. What happened? It use to work great on the iPad.
Tags (2)
Gold Problem Solver

Re: DVR Manager stopped working on iPad

Try deleting the iPad app and reinstalling it.

New Poster

The problem is with the Safari browser accessing the Xfinity site. The iPad App cannot perform the status check of recorded and to be recorded functions.
Official Employee

Artell,

Please use the Xfinity TV App for iPad to schesule and check recordings and not your iPad's Safari browser.

Go here to download it and learn more:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xfinity-tv/id401629893?mt=8

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I'm having same problem. I removed the app then reinstalled the iPad app and when I sign in it says I have no eligible boxes to control. Hello!!, paying $20 some odd dollars for it each month. The box was eligible a few weeks ago. It also states when I have a box it will update. In the app settings, the button for "set default dvr" and "name tv's" is read only.

Any help appreciated.
~Elaine M.
Official Employee

manchester40 wrote:
I'm having same problem. I removed the app then reinstalled the iPad app and when I sign in it says I have no eligible boxes to control. Hello!!, paying $20 some odd dollars for it each month. The box was eligible a few weeks ago. It also states when I have a box it will update. In the app settings, the button for "set default dvr" and "name tv's" is read only.

Any help appreciated.
~Elaine M.

manchester40,

Make sure you are using the most up to date version of the app and then try again. We just released an update (v1.6.5) just a few days ago (10/11/11) which should clear up any issues.

If the tried using latest update of the app and still are having issues:

Please send the following information to me in a private message so I can further assist you.

I ask you to PM me because we don't want you to release your e-mail address in a public forum.

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:

Account Number:

Zip code:

Make and model of your set-top boxes:

iPad version and iOS:

Version of the Xfinity App you are using:

Please also include a link to this post so we can accurately track your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Same problem here - dvr manager worked great then just stopped one day - message says "no eligible dvr" and yet they worked just fine until a couple of months ago. Tried deleting app, reinstalling, signing in, etc - no luck. Typical Comcast - makes Uverse look better all the time, especially after the latest price increase.