Community Forum

DVR Manager not finding any devices!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

DVR Manager not finding any devices!

I switched my DVR out last week from a Motorola to Cisco RNG200. Since the switch, I am not able to access it via MyDVR manager from my PC, iPhone, iPad. The DVR works when accessed via the device, but when I go online, I get this error message,

"DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

The model is RNG200N. I've called Comcast and they seem to be completely clueless. Ticket was created..now almost a week later nothing.  I've tried resetting the box and still nothing!  This is so frustrating as I pay a lot of money for the service.

I was told the DVR is not correctly configured/provisioned at Comcast with my account and the registered hardware but I can't get them (over the phone) to figure it out.  I keep getting switched back and forth from the TV dept. to the Internet dept.  I've probably spent 6 hours calling them since last week.

Help!

Official Employee

Re: DVR Manager not finding any devices!

cfava132 wrote:

I switched my DVR out last week from a Motorola to Cisco RNG200. Since the switch, I am not able to access it via MyDVR manager from my PC, iPhone, iPad. The DVR works when accessed via the device, but when I go online, I get this error message,

"DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

The model is RNG200N. I've called Comcast and they seem to be completely clueless. Ticket was created..now almost a week later nothing.  I've tried resetting the box and still nothing!  This is so frustrating as I pay a lot of money for the service.

I was told the DVR is not correctly configured/provisioned at Comcast with my account and the registered hardware but I can't get them (over the phone) to figure it out.  I keep getting switched back and forth from the TV dept. to the Internet dept.  I've probably spent 6 hours calling them since last week.

Help!

Our team is already looking into your issue. Someone will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR Manager not finding any devices!

I am having similar problems accessing DVR Manager online for my MOTOROLA MOR200BNR cable box with DVR.  I can access the DVR manager from my iPad app, but not online.

When I try to Activate DVR Manager via Setup at the top right on the browser window, the following message is displayed "Sorry! No compatible DVRs were found in your household.".

Therefore, when I try to access DVR Manager I hang at "Loading".

I've tried both IE and Firefox browsers.

Any thoughts why DVR Manager would work on my iPad but not online?