Community Forum

DVR Manager - Can't set up

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

DVR Manager - Can't set up

I can't set up the DVR Manager.  I have an account. I log in and when I go to the DVR Manager page (http://xfinitytv.com/mytv/dvr) I check availability, select my service area, click save.... and nothing happens.

This doesn't happen...

1. A notification will display indicating if the activation is in progress or if an error has occurred.
  2. Activation takes up to 24-48 hours before recordings may be scheduled or before you can view and manage scheduled recordings.
  3. You will be directed to TV Listings while the activation is in progress.

Am I doing something wrong?

lucy

New Poster

Re: DVR Manager - Can't set up

Sorry, I dont have a solution, because I am having the same results.  A few days ago, I had an X1 box installed, I can control tv channels from my computer and use live DVR recordings, but can't seem to set up future recordings because I can't even tell if my box is registered.

Regular Visitor

I am also having the exact same issue.

I tried logging out and doing it, logging in before going to the page, and even trying different cable options.

There is no error message. No "service not available in your area". It does nothing.

Frequent Visitor

Same here.  Interesting that I can schedule recordings from my android app, but cannot set up the DVR manager; get the same non-result as above.  I've called comcast and they set up a ticket.  I'll check back here when I figure out what the issues is.

Regular Visitor

On my computer I do not get a listing of live TV shows by time

On my computer I do noy get a listing of TV shows

Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem

New Poster

I am having this exact same issue.  I log in, check availability, select service area ... and nothing.  No message. No nothing.  It just brings me back to the same "check availability" page.  I tried again a week later and still couldn't get in.

Spent 2 hours with a Comcast rep on the online chat and she was unable to help me.

New Poster

I am also having the same issue. However, I have successfully installed Xfinity TV Remote on my iPhone and iPad, so I know this capability is available to me. I can't get to work on my desktop computer.

New Poster

I just got access to the MY DVR Manager last week- I have two DVR's RNG200 and RNG200N. Both boxes are eligible for the service however the DVR manager only recognizes the RNG200 box and not the newer RNG200N. Have tried everything from powercycling, activation. No sucess. Any suggestions. I am in NJ in what is called Garden State Corp 20001.

I cannot get it to work on either my PC nor the Xfinity TV Remote app

Frequent Visitor

Where the heck is Comcast on these forums?  Why do the users have to chat among themselves rather than an xfinity rep coming in and saying they have it fixed or know about it but don't have it fixed yet.  An ECD would be appreciated.