Community Forum

DVR Box Swap - HELP!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: DVR Box Swap - HELP!

Hi Jmilnes, the information that (geek46/kpeters59) provided may be your best option to get the games off your DVR. The only way that the recordings can be transferred from Comcast DVR to DVR is if you have cloud DVR functionality and even then the content will be saved to the cloud and cannot be taken off. A DVR-RW should do the trick. 

Gold Problem Solver

Jmilnes wrote:

Is is possible to save or download  a sports telecast from my old DVR, that is being swapped out by Comcast?  I have my daughters high school state championship game on it

If you have an HDD, DVR-RW or older VHS you might be able to hook this up so that you hit PLAY on DVR and RECORD to one of these devices at the same time.... it's in real-time but if you really want to save that video it will be worth the time in saving it.

Regular Contributor

Not from any of the Comcast boxes.  If it were a TiVo, no problem...

-KP

New Poster

Is is possible to save or download  a sports telecast from my old DVR, that is being swapped out by Comcast?  I have my daughters high school state championship game on it

Official Employee

sandieanderson wrote:

I received a new self install kit yesterday as I apparently need to swap out my existing DVR boxes (2) for new ones as Xfinity is moving to a new network.  My question is: When I perform the box swap, will this affect any of the recordings on my current DVR boxes?  Will I keep the currently saved shows and will it also retain the scheduled recordings already in my queue?  I'm trying to find out if I need to re-create my scheduled recordings and watch anything saved b4 swapping out boxes.  Any assistance with this box swap out would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, you'll be starting over from scratch with everything.

Regular Visitor

DVR Box Swap - HELP!

I received a new self install kit yesterday as I apparently need to swap out my existing DVR boxes (2) for new ones as Xfinity is moving to a new network.  My question is: When I perform the box swap, will this affect any of the recordings on my current DVR boxes?  Will I keep the currently saved shows and will it also retain the scheduled recordings already in my queue?  I'm trying to find out if I need to re-create my scheduled recordings and watch anything saved b4 swapping out boxes.  Any assistance with this box swap out would be greatly appreciated.