Community Forum

Customer Currated Channel Guide

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Customer Currated Channel Guide

This is a suggestion for your X1 development team. It is intended to help resolve some of the most annoying features of the channel guide and DVR.

How many times has a repeat of a show recorded because the guide didn't know that the show was a repeat or it had the wrong information?

How many times have you missed the start or end of a recorded show or sporting event?

Solution, let the customers provide live feedback to the guide that is then communicated to other customers' devices to update their guides.

As a customer if I'm watching a live sporting event, I could select an option on the channel guide or on my mobile device to share that the event is over. After Xfinity receives a number of similar reports it can take any additional actions to verify the reports and then send out an update to everyone's channel guides and adjust the start/stop times for scheduled/current recordings.

As a customer before or during the process of deleting a show (especially one that I haven't watched) I could share that the reason I'm deleting the show is because it is a repeat. Again, after Xfinity receives a number of similar reports and does some additional checks it can push the updates to the channel guide and then search the recorded shows on the DVR drives and remove any repeats (if the show settings did not specify to save repeats).

Furthermore, if the guide information is wrong for whatever reason (e.g. a different show is airing than what is on the guide) consumers can flag it for review.

If a customer is repeatedly sending false/incacurrate reports, they could be added to a blacklist so their reports do not get considered going forward.

Also customers who don't want their guide or DVR updated based on this could change this behavior in Settings.

Web 2.0 let's users help each other!