Community Forum

Continuing stuttering/pixelation on hd boxes

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Continuing stuttering/pixelation on hd boxes

After a recent Comcast outage 10 days ago I lost on demand on all tv’s and the 2 tv’s that have hd/dvr’s were stuttering/pixelating intermittently.  I called and did the usual including rebooting but no improvement so they sent out a tech 2 days later.  He said I needed the MoCa filter and a new splitter on the one tv that used one.  Still wasn’t working when he left but said to give it time for a few hours or just call for a signal reset.  After an hour my cable went out again.  After about 1/2 hour it came back with on-demand but still intermittent poor reception on the 2 hd boxes.  I have replaced cables but nothing improves.  Since nothing has changed in my home and the boxes are newer and this all happened AFTER a Comcast outage I am almost positive it is outside somewhere.  Cable went out yesterday again for about 1/2 hour but still no picture improvement .  Any other ideas except another call/tech visit?