Community Forum

Connecting dvd/vcr to X1 companion box

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Connecting dvd/vcr to X1 companion box

I have a Panasonic dvd/vcr that I would like to my X1 companion box but it does not have the audio/video ports like the main dvr cable box does. How can I get this done?
Expert

Re: Connecting dvd/vcr to X1 companion box

madmax97alk wrote:
I have a Panasonic dvd/vcr that I would like to my X1 companion box but it does not have the audio/video ports like the main dvr cable box does. How can I get this done?

do you have an Xg2 companion box that you can move to that location? if not swap an xi3/xiD companion for an Xg2 (same price).

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I have no idea. I have looked all over the companion box and cannot find any of those numbers.
Official Employee

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X1-TV-Box-Comparison-DVR-vs-Non-DVR/td-p/2860183

The secondary boxes that you have is only coax or HDMI out. You would either need to swap out for an XG2 (has the outputs you need) or swap locations with the dvr if that works for you