Community Forum

Companion box won't connect to main x1 box

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Companion box won't connect to main x1 box

Our companion box has not been able to connect to the master box for several weeks. We have called Comcast service and at their suggestion have replaced all the components including the modem, the splitter, the master and companion box.  Nothing helps.  Yesterday the light on the corner of the master box turned green from the nice cool blue it has been for a year. The connection problems seemed to have started about the same time that Comcast was running new cable/fiber out on the street.  My guess is that the street work dropped the signal level to our apartment complex, but when we call we can't seem to get past the helpful phone techs. We are ready to write off the X1 service as a failed experiment unless it can be fixed soon.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Official Employee

Re: Companion box won't connect to main x1 box

Did it ever connect? Have you tried to move the main box to that outlet to see if it's live? 

Edit:After further review, you probably need a POE (point of entry) filter installed. Your equipment is being interfered with by your neighbors. The POE filter will keep your X1 boxes from being interfered with. 

Also, your main box is well within specs but your modem isn't, another reason to get a tech out. I've escalated is to a colleague to help you get one scheduled if you want.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Companion box won't connect to main x1 box

Hi, KJxx - I can help you with scheduling a tech visit. Please private message me your full name, the account holder's name and address as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!