Community Forum

Commercial LOOP lock

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Commercial LOOP lock

Almost every show is locking up when commercial occur.  Then it runs through commercials and completely locks up.  Reloading and it runs all the commercials all over again.   Tons of commercial chains.   This is ridiculous!  HELP.

Services have gone backwards...I spend more time with technical problems these days than watching real shows.  Always spammed with commercial. You all padding your numbers to advertisers?  

This has happened over 20 times in last 2 days....service is unusable.  

Contributor

Re: Commercial LOOP lock

Hi DanielP

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue.  Can you reply with the list of URLs of the videos that aren't playing through the commercial breaks?

Also, from this page http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer, can you send me these fields?

My operating system:
My web browser: 
My system type: 
My Silverlight version:
My Flash version: 
Javascript: 
Cookies: 
Thanks!
 -Jessica
Frequent Visitor

Says can't find the page when link to it

Gold Problem Solver

Frequent Visitor

Tried on 3 different browsers and updated flash players; etc...  Happens regardless OS or Browsers- it is your system where you do not value your customers time.  Wasted too much time already.  You always turn it into OUR problem when we are paying for a service we are not receiving.

I already got the run arround where called in and they blame it on OS and browser.  It is constant and random.   Constant going into commercial cycle mode - locking it up - and going through commercial only to lock up again.   It is a problem on your end in reading through comments.  

I will give it a month....if not fixed I will go to competitors - been a customer for over a decade and your company doesn't value customers is obvious.   We are your "debuggers" as you make changes that cause technical problems and then make us waste time "debugging" the not ready for prime time system changes.

This is happening no matter browser and every commercial cycle.  Poor integration and design your end. 

Gold Problem Solver

You still haven't posted the web address of any of the videos that aren't working. If you don't tell them what's broken, they going to have a hard time fixing it.

Frequent Visitor

My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.3
My web browser:Explorer 10 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; Trident/7.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.1; ASU2JS)

*(also tried with other browsers and same results)

My system typeesktop computer or other device

My Silverlight version:Unknown

My Flash version:11.9.900.170

Javascript:enabled

Cookies:Enabled (2124 Bytes).

Frequent Visitor

Well it is not the video that is broken - it is the ad cycles.  So take your pick of videos.....all of them.  Happens on every video when goes to an ad cycle.  It will play dozens of ads and then lock up.  You refresh after lock up and it goes through ad cycles til it locks up again.  Repeats ads too.

Go to different browser or computer and same issues. A Problem with their Ad server.is likely cultprit and not something on my end ..... Something this systemic is usually their end.   They are ones attempting to build in more ads on top of content.  Their design.

Of course I can always go to the original site and not be forced to watch all these commercials...but then what am I paying Comcast for?  They play both sides to the middle.  Should I contact their advertisers to inform them they are annoying potential customers?  It is Comcast trying to get an extra buck by wrappering ads on top of other content I can get free going to other sites.  If it worked and low number of commercial they provide a central place to get content - but if they mess it up - they are more of a dis-service than a service.   We can go direct to other providers - they have more seemless ads (some no ads at all).  A business choice by Comcast gone bad....it is their system design.  They turn it into "Our problem" and make these tech's debug the corporate design.

New Poster

Greetings, on the problem daniel is having, ditto for me, here's the info you requested:

My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: True My Conroller ID: 185 My Map ID: 385 My Persona ID: 8023 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 2601:8:9880:472:Ec21e2:7ac0:1675 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 31 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.63 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20913.0 My Flash version: 11.9.900 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2017 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Wed Jan 01 2014 19:23:13 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Wed Jan 01 2014 19:22:55 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Du, Cy, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Cq, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Ja, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Em, Ax, Bs, At, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Fd, Do, Fy, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Go, Dj, De, Ei, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Gh, Ir, Jc, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Cz, Ia, C, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Ga, Fw, Bh, Fz, Bx, Dw, Fn, Ff, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Er, Fv, Dy, Bo, Dn, Ft, Bq, Jk, Aw, Dc, Jl, Da, Im, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, El, Di, Fu, Cx, Dq, Fg, Cm, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc, Ji Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True The URL of the show that freezes during the commercial: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/American-Jungle/5046343184790249112/64352835921/A-Bad-Moon-Rises/... and  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/American-Jungle/5046343184790249112/63036995600/Welcome-To-The-Ju...
New Poster

I am having the same problem ... the TV programs are fine.  When the commercials start, everything freezes.  I am not happy.  I dont have a regular TV because I pay Comcast for that.  What gives???

sramirez54

New Poster

Same for us here, so this is not an isolated problem with the original poster. We have tried it on various browsers (Explorer, Firefox, Chrome) and all browsers are updated completely. The shows (i.e. Pawn Stars or Impractical Jokers) work fine but the stream bombs during commercial breaks, locking up or cycling. This often happens several commercial breaks into the show, so we never see the end of the show. Like mentioned above, I think it has something to do with the ad server or the handler that juggles the commercials.

We're THIS CLOSE to cancelling Xfininty. We don't need this for the money they are charging us for the couple show we watch (or try to watch) on their system. We'll take our business elsewhere.

Frequent Visitor

Wow getting worse again.  Come on and get act together.   Another 1 hour plus of commercial loop lock

I will be cancelling. 

New Poster

Its November 2014. millions are having this problem.  the lawers are adding up the damages and they are seeing some money to be made.  "Commercial LOOP lock"  its the new scam

New Poster

its Oct 2014 . still hapening to thousands of users.  Do you have a solution for this problem?  What are the correction steps that you recomend?

New Poster

I have had this issue sense they started this thing.  I dont have a tv either but.    But i dont think they care because the tv spots is where they make more money adn comcast isent going to take responsibility.    There blaming the other channel groups for running those "fake adds"   and thats where the problem is.

If you play normal channels that run normal adds then the problem dosent accrue.   But when you run channels like TBS they only run tbs commercials and get the massive problems where you have to reload the hole thing.  it sucks...

And comcast dosent care.  give them your money!

New Poster

Happening to me too. Most notably during Pawn Stars episodes as another poster noted. This is regardless of which PC/Browser I use. Other shows seem to work fine (although, I've had a similar problem in the past with some NBC content - restart/cache clear seemed to work with those but that may have been coincidence, and it's not solving my currnet issue). I'd try to work thru it with Comcast customer service but I really don't fell like going down that rabbit-hole tonight. Posting here in hopes something can be done as I'm certain the problem is on their end.