Community Forum

Comcast's New Customer Experience VP Apologizes For Outages -

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Silver Problem Solver

// DSLreports - front page

As noted yesterday, Comcast this week suffered two major outages related to their X1 set top TV platform within several days of one another, something the company's new Senior Vice President Customer Experience, Charlie Herrin, has publicly apologized for. In a blog post, Herrin states the company is looking to contact customers who were impacted by the outage in order to given them service credits.

"In the process of upgrading the X1 platform with new services and features, a technical issue arose that caused problems for our customers," says Herrin.

"We're working now to identify the customers who were impacted to personally apologize and proactively give them credits which we plan to have out to them within the next two weeks. This issue was our fault and we want to make it right."

Comcast appointed Herrin to his new post back in September after several months of repeated stories about the company's traditionally dismal customer support. The company is trying to convince regulators to sign off on its $45 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable, and as such wants to convince them the company is turning a corner in terms of support improvements.
read comment(s)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Valued Contributor

Re: Comcast's New Customer Experience VP Apologizes For Outages -

Thanks for posting that! Any word for those of us who were out and have not been identified as being out? I have heard from no one and was out for over 50 hours from Wednesday thru Friday. 

Contributor

Re: Comcast's New Customer Experience VP Apologizes For Outages -

Yep they offered me $10.00 and a free PPV purchase.  Thanks Comcast!  That makes it all better.