Community Forum

Comcast deleting parts of movie scenes

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Comcast deleting parts of movie scenes

Yup, they are getting a not full version, and renting it as full
New Poster

I disagree with Comcast's reply. I have downloaded two movies that were definitely edited/cut from what I saw on regular TV:-- Madd Max (the first) and The Birds. I’ve seen these moving many times and I know exactly where they were cut. Moreover, you can also tell by the way the scenes that are edited jump.

Gold Problem Solver

Sagarmatha wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I watched the new Spy movie with Melissa McCarthy on Xfinity on Demand by renting it in HD format.  Tonight we rented it again. Tonight when we watched it there were missing parts to the movie. Although I don't have explicit recollection of each missing thing, the one part of a scene near the end of the movie was missing where Susan Cooper crashes the BMW into the tree and then enters the foyer of the mansion where De Luca is going to kill her colleague Fein.  She tells him she is useful because the knows about Dudaev the buyer and makes a comment about not having guys with Russian flag tattoos on their hands meeting him because his brother was killed by the Russians. I remember this scene from a few weeks ago and verified online that she does in fact say something to this effect, but in tonight's movie on Comcast that part of the scene was cut out. I am concerned about renting movies from Comcast if I am not actually getting the movie I rented, but rather some interpretation from Comcast about what parts of the movie can be cut. Has anyone else noticed this or have ideas to why it is happening?  Thanks!

Comcast does not edit movies.  Comcast only retransmits the movie that the original provider ( producer/network/owner ) is supplying to Comcast for that transmission.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

New Poster

Comcast deleting parts of movie scenes

A couple of weeks ago I watched the new Spy movie with Melissa McCarthy on Xfinity on Demand by renting it in HD format.  Tonight we rented it again. Tonight when we watched it there were missing parts to the movie. Although I don't have explicit recollection of each missing thing, the one part of a scene near the end of the movie was missing where Susan Cooper crashes the BMW into the tree and then enters the foyer of the mansion where De Luca is going to kill her colleague Fein.  She tells him she is useful because the knows about Dudaev the buyer and makes a comment about not having guys with Russian flag tattoos on their hands meeting him because his brother was killed by the Russians. I remember this scene from a few weeks ago and verified online that she does in fact say something to this effect, but in tonight's movie on Comcast that part of the scene was cut out. I am concerned about renting movies from Comcast if I am not actually getting the movie I rented, but rather some interpretation from Comcast about what parts of the movie can be cut. Has anyone else noticed this or have ideas to why it is happening?  Thanks!