Community Forum

Comcast - You suck at Streaming Video

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Comcast - You suck at Streaming Video

Comcast you need get out the streaming business.  Leave it to a company that knows what they are doing.  I been out of town for two Saturdays.  When I want to watch a game that ESPN carries, it is a wonder experience.  I don't have to uninstall all my browser plugins, install a special comcast only verison of sliverlight that breaks Netflix streaming, clear my cache, restart my computer or stand on my head.  I put espn360.com in my browser and they give me the video.  

Unfortunity, sometimes the Huskies are on the Pac12 network and you are responsible for the providing the streaming.  When the Huskies play on the Pac12 network it is never as simple as puting in a URL and watching the game.  No, in Comcast's infinite wisdom I am required to uninstall Flash and Silverlight, clear the cache, and quit my browser before the video appears.  Finally after all that work, you would hope that at least the video play back would be uninterrupted but Comcast is unable to even provide that simple service. The video constantly stutters and spits out errors, like Timeouts, the video is unavailable or my login has expired.  

You guys make it so difficult to continue giving you money every month.  The only service you provide that I can't get elsewhere is live sports, if you can't do that right....

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Comcast - You suck at Streaming Video

yea, uh, that is not how its suppose to work.  You not suppose to need to uninstall things to watch them outside of the comcast ecosystem. At least I know I don't have to.  Something is up on whatever hardware you are using. 

Frequent Visitor

wrong! Comcast does suck at streaming.  I have a great connection and just had my computer serviced here at home from a microsoft employee.  Comcast is a monoploly that does the minimum and does not give a rats a** about the costumer.  some days streaming are good and some just freezing to much then I go to netflix and never have problems.  But the HBO, Showtime, etc I pay for should work no excuses.  I know I wont get anywhere so the only thing I can do is go to their offices or whatever it takes to annoy these punks and be a thorn in their side.  I have money and lots of time onmy hands.  I mean look at the forums no service or company on this planet has this many problems and complaints.  see u soon bast#rds 

New Poster

Why do i have to refresh every 5  minutes to watch a program? And why are your commercials twice as loud as the program?

Regular Contributor

I've had a significant number of problems with Xfinity streaming and I'm the last person to defend them since there have been times I've been cursing them out non-stop over issues with their service but honestly other than problems with commercials the service has been working better for me in the last few months. But I also have to be honest in that I'm not a sports fan and I don't watch the channels that you are complaining about.

If you want help, I'll do my best to help you but you'll need to work with me and provide the information that I request and try the trouble shooting steps I'll outline. Ok?

First thing, you mention several times "your browser" but you never actually mention which one you are using. I don't want to make any assumtions here so are you on a PC or Mac / Apple? (honestly I'm really a PC / Windows guy and any help I could give you with a Mac would be minimal at best) If you are on a PC, what operating system are you using? (XP, Vista x32 / X64, Windows 7 x32 / x64, Windows 8?) If you are on a PC and you are using Internet Explorer, please try and install either FireFox or Chrome and try watching using a different browser.

Trying a different browser is the first step, please give that a shot and let me know what the result is then we'll go from there.

- Norm

Regular Visitor

iam so sick an tired of your cheap equiment an wifi  an the stupid response from comcast iam going back to verizen never had 1 problem i have this wifi in the next room an my pc is slower then dial up get on the ball

Regular Contributor

Not knowing exactly what equipment you have it's really hard to make any suggestions. But if you have one of thse all in one modem / router / wifi units I have to say that I've never had good luck with those so best suggestion is to swap it for a plain modem and get your own router. Here are a couple of my favorites:

Linksys EA3500, EA4500, EA6500

Asus RT-N66U

There are plenty of people selling the Linksys units used on Amazon if price is an issue.

- Norm

New Poster

Most so called "software engineers" are absolutely useless.  To get things right, you need to understand much more.  That's why the only good ones are real engineers first and software is only a tool, not a profession.  Apparently Comcast has a bunch of stupid software folks because streaming anything from them is a waste of time.  Same computer, same internet connection, same everyting that works fine with other streaming services, but total disaster using Comcast.