Community Forum

Code to control Bose av-35

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Code to control Bose av-35

• Is there a code to input in the XR11 remote to control my Bose AV-35 volume? I tried all the ones given in the software.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Code to control Bose av-35

It's tedious, but try the search bar at the top of this page and enter bose and see if any of the results helps.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

I did that. No luck.

Official Employee

Try press and setup, LED goes from red to green, press 992 and channel up until your Bose powers off, when it does press and hold setup to lock it in
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

I followed your instructions and kept trying for several hundred pushes. It did not work.

Official Employee

Then it’s not compatible, not every device is.
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

@jdemain1 wrote:

I followed your instructions and kept trying for several hundred pushes. It did not work.

do you have another comcast remote that did work with the unit?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

No. I used the Bose remote to control the Comcast box.  Now that there are voice commands, I prefer to use the Comcast remote for cable. I just have to use the other to control volume, muting, and on and off.

Expert

try reversing process and turn bose box off and do the up button until the unit comes on. watch that remote's LED to be sure it stays in search mode or ends search mode (extra flashing).

We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.