Community Forum

Cloud Question with X-1

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Cloud Question with X-1

Currently have two X-1 DVR's.  Both non voice.  Was thinking of swapping them in for the newer Voice capeable X-1's.  Will I lose the progams I have recorded and saved?   Also are my scheduled future recordings going to be on the new boxes?  Is it all Cloud based? Or will I have to re input all that I have set up to record?  Getting mixed answers....  I live in Dover, DE.  Thanks....

Official Employee

Re: Cloud Question with X-1

@Diverreb wrote:

Currently have two X-1 DVR's.  Both non voice.  Was thinking of swapping them in for the newer Voice capeable X-1's.  Will I lose the progams I have recorded and saved?   Also are my scheduled future recordings going to be on the new boxes?  Is it all Cloud based? Or will I have to re input all that I have set up to record?  Getting mixed answers....  I live in Dover, DE.  Thanks....

The DVRs listed on your account have Voice Command capability, you may just need to pick up Voice Remotes at your local xfinity store. If you ever did swap those out, only the last 60 hours recorded per DVR will be recovered, the scheduled recordings will follow the new dvrs. If anything you should swap out the two RNG150s for an XG2 and XiD

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-hub-vs-companion-box

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thanks for the reply....  Quick follow-up....  When you say the last 60 hours does that mean that if I have the SuperBowl saved and some other older programs saved that they will be lost if I have recorded, but erased over 60  hours worth of programs since then?

Valued Contributor

From my experience swapping out my own DVR it seems any recordings over a few months old aren't going to transfer over- usually it is the last month or two that do.

Expert

@Diverreb wrote:

Thanks for the reply....  Quick follow-up....  When you say the last 60 hours does that mean that if I have the SuperBowl saved and some other older programs saved that they will be lost if I have recorded, but erased over 60  hours worth of programs since then?

you can see what the cloud DVR has available at the moment by using a smart device or streaming website. the new home DVR will play the remaining cloud recordings (in stereo audio). Keep in mind that any new recordings may erase older cloud recordings if space is needed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!