Community Forum

Cloud DVR availability

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Cloud DVR availability

Cloud DVR has been out for what? 2 years?  Why am I always told it's not available in my area when I call in or chat to have it turned on?  Is there a current list of what cities it's available in?  If you're wondering I live Kansas City.  Any ETA on when it will be available.  I keep hearing from the reps, "coming soon!"  The last official documentation I could find said it would be rolled out in the remaining areas by the end of LAST year.   How can it really take this long to roll this out????

Problem Solver

Re: Cloud DVR availability

From the Cloud DVR FAQs, it lists what cities DO NOT have Cloud DVR functionality.

Where is X1 DVR with Cloud Technology available now?
X1 DVR with Cloud Technology is available in all markets where X1 service is available except for the following:

• Michigan, including the Detroit Metro Area
  • Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN
  • Independence, MO
Problem Solver

Hello jjjayb,

I do apologize the Cloud DVR is not available in your area at this time. It has yet to be determined when this feature will be available in your area. Once it become available, it will be listed under Important Account Information on your monthly statement.

Frequent Visitor

Today i have the New Cloud DVR Technology. I received the Good News this Morning. Finally it's available in Michigan YES!!!!

Frequent Visitor

STILL waiting here. Any word yet on when it will get to the Kansas City area?

Gold Problem Solver

jjjayb wrote:

STILL waiting here. Any word yet on when it will get to the Kansas City area?

X1 Cloud DVR FAQ is here:  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

It is available and you need to call into Comcast at 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489, BILLING and request the Cloud DVR RATE CODE be added to your account.

New Poster

Minneapolis is major market...why is this being withheld yet pricing is still high...and how can they advertise the function and not offer it? It's deceptive.... I want the functions advertised and I don't care about stupid disclaimers of "in select markets" or "where available"
Official Employee

CRusselMN wrote:
Minneapolis is major market...why is this being withheld yet pricing is still high...and how can they advertise the function and not offer it? It's deceptive.... I want the functions advertised and I don't care about stupid disclaimers of "in select markets" or "where available"

Cloud DVR is available in all markets. Please contact us by phone and ask for the "Cloud DVR rate codes to be added to your account" (assuming you already have X1 DVR). Thanks and enjoy!

Note: only recordings AFTER the point of activation will be recorded in the Cloud (it isn't pulling from your physical DVR).

-ComcastDan

Silver Problem Solver
Moved: